Help My Make This Usable

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by TheCasualGrower, May 30, 2013.

1. #1 TheCasualGrower, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    So I bought a defective steamroller and it broke. The dragon inside the glass tube broke free. Got it replaced with no problems. I was however able to keep the original steamroller and now I would love to make it into a handpipe.
    I was thinking to basically grind the bowl down level and remove all sharp edges. It has 2 nostrils where the smoke came through originally so those would need to be plugged. Grind down centered in between the nostrils for a new mouth hole. A carb would be nice also.
    Could I use a electric angle grinder to cut down the large flat areas of the bowl and mouth piece? If so is there special discs I should use? Would a air powered high speed grinder work? What tool is recommended when you want a larger(quarter size) flat area? Planing on using dremel tool with diamond bits for detail work. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. dude make that happen and post the pics, you can simply put a few drops of hot glue in each nostril and it won't be noticeable, and then use the dremmel to bore out a new mouth hole

3. that dragon would work just on it's own. toke it sideways - sort of - and use one other nostril as a carb. all you need is a slide that fits!

4. I'm with Purps, just toke the dragon.

5. I made some rubber plugs for the nostrils for now. I do like the hot glue idea. As far as just using the nostrils to pull through and a carb there are a few problems. First having a carb that close to the mouth opening leaves almost the whole pipe full of smoke. Second when trying to smoke outta it like that it puts the bowl pieces in an odd spot off to the side of your face. Finally the tip of the nose has a chip and pokes u in the cheek hitting it through the nostril. Making a new mouth hole would eliminate the chipped area.

Thanks for the input guys ill be sure to keep you all posted.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: