Help!! My 12/12 got thrown off

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AddictedToNoise, Feb 20, 2006.

1. so my buddy came over yesterday and we were messing with my timer to try to get it set right, but the lights ended up staying on almost 2 1/2 hours than they should have (i manually unplugged the ballast when i got home and saw the lights were on). What i'm doing is giving them a dark period equivalent to the extended light period they recieved. it only happened on the 4th day of flowering. after the extended dark period i'm going right back to 12/12. do i have anything to worry about? thanks for the help guys

2. She will be ok !! :) I wouldnt do the equivalent dark period to light period though, just put it back to how you had it normally ;) It will be ok :)

3. thanks a lot for the info. i think i've heard that extra light won't hurt, but i think i should give them their full 12 hours before turning the light on (that'll be one hour from now). would it be ok to put them on their normal schedule tonight if that means they recieve 2.5 hours less light?

4. Yes. Should be ok.

5. sweet, thanks guys!

6. I WOULD do the equivalent. There shouldnt be a problem, but if there were it would be due to stress. By doing the equivalent you make things more gradual. But like everyone else said. It shouldnt be a problem. 2 hours is minimal.

* I had my lights go out for 6 hours due to a tree down on the power line going to my cabin. It was -40 out and the heat was out too. Temp got to about 60 in the cabin. When the lights came back on I used a few spot lights to help warm up the grow area, I then had to run down the road to help a friend who got hurt and ended up taking him to the hospital. I was stuck at the hospital over night because of the storm and the lights were suppose to be 12-12 and the spots stayed on for over 16.* All in All, the plants turned out fine. Little shock but recovered just fine.