Help me with my grow cabinet please... any pointers

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Pound22, Jul 1, 2019.

1. I need some pointers... go!

Attached Files:

2. Might as well just get a grow tent because that stealth cabinet looks obvious as fuck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. It’s not done.. I’m gonna paint it over..and add pieces of ply wood where the foam is. Trust me.. definitely not a rookie at this growing shit. Just with diy projects

4. Hahah dont mind the glowing cabinet its suppose to do that

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Leaky lights are not a problem if you keep them on an easy kill switch. I keep my leaky lights on a separate switch from the fan, so if somebody stays too long I can turn on the fan before the joint starts stinkin.

6. Weatherstrip in the center, duct-tape on the ends (where door hinges are) should help get it light proof. If you tape it up right should be able to still open/close everything and still be sealed (i.e. tape bending/acting like a hinge). Good luck, understand you are still working/refining it. I like the dual fans. Hopefully they wont be blowing/sucking too much even on low.

• Like Like x 2
  7. You should just get a small closet sized grow tent. Those cfls will maybe get you a G dried and cured. No point for all the effort

Sent from my LG-H812 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Haha when you sa8d that I scrolledback up and saw the whole cabinet glowing. I would recommend getting those huge SUV visor covers for windshield they're 5 bucks

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Put a LED circuit board to the ceiling so you pick up a bunch of height and better efficiency.

10. Bro, do you have exhaust at the bottom? Kinda looks like that by the pictures... I'd suggest to have exhaust at the top, to prevent circulating hot air.

If you're going with flat white on the inside, maybe give it another coat so there's no dull spots.

And I've used car sunshades/reflectors in my grow box also... They work pretty well.

One more thing, try to seal it off so your fans are moving air efficiently and not just blowing it out the gaps on the top and stuff. It will help maintain kind of steady temps during the light cycle.

[​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

11. If your really gonna attempt this at least make a light fixture with a power strip and like 4 or 6 8-12 cfls on each power strip make one with a hood to hang over ur crop and one for behind and or power strips behind and both sides aswell as overhang

Sent from my 5041C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I built something before I got my led... Here it is... Maybe you can use some of the ideas. [​IMG]

13. Add sum kind of mylar behind those lights so you don't lose any light reflec all of it on th he plants.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. That's my old fixture... I disassembled it and reused the wood for some changes to the grow box. I had it wrapped in aluminium foil but mylar would have been much more effective..

15. What are you gonna use for odor control in that setup ?