Help me with my closet set up please!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by kodamota, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hey blades! Can someone please help me with my closet set up? The closet is 6'H x 37"W x 22"D, I'm looking to grow like 2 or 3 plants in it. I'm gonna go look and see if home depo or lowes has Mylar tomorrow, I'm gonna cut a 4in hole for a inline fan and a carbon filter and into my attic (still gotta read up on how to do that) and then I was thinking either a 250w or 400w mh/hps, or should I do CFL? Then how should I do the intake air? Should I cut into the door? If so can I do it in a way that it can look discreet? There is a air vent like two feet from the door. Any help would be awesome guys! 

2. #2 kodamota, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Hang up some mylar, panda film, or paint that flat white. Convent bar already to hang your lights like I do.

For ventilation, you either gotta cut in the wall, ceiling, or door. Unless you can keep that door proped open with a small fan inside like I do for the time being.

Other than that, nice little spot to fit 2 good size plants in there. Don't forget drip trays, especially with carpet. Stuff stains and stinks, and attracts bugs

Oh, and for your light situation. Depends on your budget and thoughts towards possible expansion. I started with CFL, then ordered a 600w HID, haven't regretted it a single second. Much better light, easier to hang just one light instead of a shit ton of cfls. Penetration through the canopy is insane, if you have the money and are serious about growing, go MH/HPS. With a cooltube or vent hood, you have to have really good venting to not have one

Good luck bro!

4. You can vent the door and it will still not draw attention, especially if you paint the vent the same color.

Depending on what type of grow method you are gonna use, make room for the support equipment.

Good luck.

5. Here is a little list of materials I need, if anyone has any suggestions let me know!!

Things Needed for the Grow room before starting germination:

1) Mylar 25ft roll

2)4in inline fan and ducting

3)plant pots (3 to 5 gals)

4) 400w's of CFL 6500k for veg

5) Extension cord and power brick

6)soil (can't find FFoF, so i might need to mix my own)

7) digital ph stick

8)inside closet fan

9) Seeds!!
    ----------
    things to get later

10) 400w MH/HPS w/digital ballast for flowering

11)fan for the door

12) nutrients

6. If you have the money, I would rethink the lighting and consider LED's.

I am going to forgo my 600w setup next year and go LED.

In your case it would really simplify the venting.

7. Heh, You do not need 400 watt of vegging cfls.
    ;)