Help Me With Lighting Plz!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by steadyblazin209, Jan 18, 2007.

1. hi guys i have never grown before so this is all totally new to me i've read a book and it's really helped but im very confused about the lighting, to grow about 5 plants what wattage should i use? ive decided on HPS but do i just need the lamps, or do i need the whole kit with all the reflectors and stuff? thanks!

2. more watts the better if you kept the plants fairly small you could get away with 250 watts but I wouldnt go any lower than that

3. thanks man, do you know if i can just use lamps or do i need the whole kit?

4. Just lamps? How do you mean like hardwired into an outlet? NO you will need a lamp, socket, ballast, and a power cord. Google it and learn about them before buying or building, you dont want a fire.

5. steadyblazin209 - I just bought a 400watt MH/HPS system that I cannot use. I only ran it for 1 day on the MH bulb, HPS bulb never been on at all. This is complete kit with ballast, reflector, and the MH conversion bulb and a HPS bulb.

PM me if you are interested...I think I paid $160 for it.