Help me set up my tent blades

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Purpleface, Oct 19, 2012.

1. That fan will not be enough for 1000w.

2. How many cfms would you suggest?

Iv read that the air should cyle every 1-5 minutes. so even with the filter it would still cyle through about once every two minutes.

This is my first time using a hps so I really don't want to underestimate my air circulation, but at the same time I'm on a budget so I can't just waste money on unnecessary fans.

3. Get a 6" combo and a speed adjuster.
    Better safe than sorry bro!

4. [quote name='"GrapeDutchh"']Get a 6" combo and a speed adjuster.
    Better safe than sorry bro![/quote]

I hear you but my air cooled hood is made for 4" as well as my filter. So the difference between a 4" and 6" is going to cost me 100+ I'm really trying to avoid it if I can.

5. The difference in time spent in jail or free is 3-5yrs per plant :p:devious:

But seriously, if u not sure if it will cool the 1k with a fliter attached then u probably should bump it up. Or if you really do have too contain the smell:wave:

Dutchie

6. That tent is meant for 6" or 8" ducting anyways. If you already have a 4" aircooled hood, spend the $20 on 2x HTG Supply - Duct Reducer 6 Inch to 4 Inch

Just a word of warning - the 1000w seems nice and all, but all the other expenses that come with such a setup add up FAST - if you're already trying to cut back just after getting the light and tent, you most likely don't have enough.

7. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']That tent is meant for 6" or 8" ducting anyways. If you already have a 4" aircooled hood, spend the $20 on 2x HTG Supply - Duct Reducer 6 Inch to 4 Inch

Just a word of warning - the 1000w seems nice and all, but all the other expenses that come with such a setup add up FAST - if you're already trying to cut back just after getting the light and tent, you most likely don't have enough.[/quote]

Iv got about a g to spend for starters. But I'll take the advice and grab the six inch fans.

What other expenses do you think i be looking at?

8. A water chiller is a necessity IMO. A 1000w light will keep that room nice and hot. A chiller is a sure way to stop warm temps. I've watched too many plants succumb to root rot in the journals over the years.

9. [quote name='"RiskyBusiness"']A water chiller is a necessity IMO. A 1000w light will keep that room nice and hot. A chiller is a sure way to stop warm temps. I've watched too many plants succumb to root rot in the journals over the years.[/quote]

Isn't a water chiller for hydro? I'd be using soil.

10. My b. I thought this was in the Hydro section. carry on.

11. It's all good. Anyone have any other input.