Help Me Set Up A Pc Starter Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dionysos803, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I'm looking for a little advice on creating a small PC grow box to start seedlings in for two to three weeks before going for into the tent.
    Will 100 watts of cfls (4-25w lights) be enough to to start seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks?
    Do I really need to line the case with mylar? Since it's not a full grow do I really need the extra reflectivity for plants that will be no more than 4 inches before going to the tent?

2. I use 100w for seedlings and clones openly on a table, no box or mylar. CFL doesn't penetrate far enough for mylar to be of any use, it's purely aesthetic. But yea, that will be more than enough for a couple of seedlings.

These 2 clones vegged for 14 days under 100w cfl after showing roots.
    kImU78i.jpg

2vagwvt.jpg

3. #3 dionysos803, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Thank you! That was very helpful. The reason for the pc case is to keep it out of sight out of mind when we have visitors.
    I already have an old pc that I gutted. The cfls which which I think will work and a few connectors. I just need controller I can wire the fan I took out of the case to use for an exhaust.

I would think that if you could hide a tent that you could hide a pc cabinet no problem.

You got that right! Basically so long as I can enclose it to an extent I can hide it lol.