Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me pick: Steamroller or Bubbler (pics)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tehgregzor, Dec 20, 2010.

1. My wifey said I can bring home any pipe I want to from work today for my belated 23rd birthday present, since the gift she ordered still hasn't came in. I mostly have 12-18 dollar spoons, in many different sizes, but i'm looking for something different.
    I've got it narrowed down to these two pipes. Price is no object (They both less than 25 lol).

The steamroller has some nice detailing on the downstem, it has a salamander-type thing attached, and feels solid.

The sherlock style bubbler is thick feeling as well. I'm fond of the blue stripes and I like how well the base it made; it sits straight up with no inclination to tip over. I like the idea of a smaller water piece, but I want to know if you guys have problems cleaning it, or it stinking quickly...

So I want to know which ones you guys have tried, and how you like it. I have till 9am to pick out a pipe, so i'll let you guys know which one I end up going with.

TL,DR- Which one of these two pipes would YOU get, and why do you like that type of pipe?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. steamroller, i've had not so swell experiences with bubblers and if a cop stops you over and asks you "what's that in your pocket" you can just say "oh, why kind officer, is my Log":smoke:

or perhaps im just to high...

3. Steamroller, because you can watch the smoke. I'm not a fan of that style of bub.

4. Hey if you can maintain the bubbler well, like actually take 5 minutes after every 3 hard seshes, they pay off and get you way high.

IMO that steamroller isn't doing it, I'd roll with the bubbler for an at-home piece.

5. This will definitely be an at-home only piece. I don't carry any tools with me out the door. If I'm ridin, i've got papers. Gotta be disposable.

How much water do you usually put into your bubbler?

6. idk man, that lizard on the inside of the steamroller is pretty bitchin' ;) plus iwth a steam roller, there's more room for resin to build up! no tricky holes and shit that might be hard to clean out later. i usually soak all my pieces in ISO Alch, for an hour inside a plastic bag, then pour all that out onto a glass plate and let evaporate, then scrape it off, you'll get a nice size clump of THC Resin Extract plus it leaves your pieces nice and clean :smoke:

7. Ugh, I don't understand why people save and smoke the tar.

I put it about half an inch from the bottom of the downstem

and cleaning your bub is easy, you put alcohol in place of water and just swish it around. 91% only!

8. id get the bubbler, but if you do make sure to clean it often cuz it gets clogged with resin pretty quickly

9. you cant tell me that if you run out of weed, and all you have is a pipe, that you wouldnt scrape the bowl, stop being so damn picky, THC is THC, no matter what form bro, and it's utilizing the plant till the very last Ash. like it was meant to be.

im a grower, so i never have a shortage of bud, but i do enjoy keeping my pieces clean, and utilizing every last drop of THC.

10. You guys aren't helping me at all! You're making me want both! :) I have to pick ONE! lol.

11. honestly, unless the Bubbler is Double Layered Glass, i wouldnt bother with it, too many of them are way easy to break, even if you are careful, but that's just my opinion.

12. Are double-blown and double-layer exchangable terms? Because I do believe the bubbler is double blown, but I am unsure if there is a difference in the terminology.

13. yes they are. but yeah, just keep it clean, and she'll treat you right.:smoke:

14. Bubbler. Keep it clean and itll keep you happy. I enjoy mine and I do clean it every other sesh. But my dry pieces usually go months before cleaning.

15. i would definitely go with the bubbler
    i love wet glass
    i only use dry glass when snowboarding

16. Buy the steamroller, use it, appreciate it, grow to love it, then repeat with the bubbler. Try using the bubblyer with only sinsemilla, it's quite possible that it could change your life. Disclaimer, my experience may not hold true for all, so this advice does NOT come with a warranty.

17. Bubbler, it'll be a nice smooth hit.

18. Dude go with the steam roller 1. better
    2. Bubblers SUX!!! to clean! Shitty
    sometimes hard to get to and it gets gross
    Stick with the steam roller. I had the same issue a while ago when with the bubbler and ended up selling it for 30 when i paid 60 for it... :( sad day but go with the steam roller. :smoke:

19. If I had to pick I'd be going with the Bubbler. :)

20. oH SHIT! ANOTHER SMOKER IN oKLAHOMA and A GROWER?!?

U gotta be my dealer man!