help me pick some strains!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by theryansicle, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Well my last order got cancelled because the seeds I wanted were out of stock somehow after I added them to my cart..

So here's what i'm looking for; a medium-short sized plant, resistant to disease/mold, medium-heavy yields, stinky/tasty, potency. not necessarily in that order.

Let the suggestions fly, preferably something you'd like to see in dispensaries more often!

Here are my current thoughts...

S.A.G.E., sage n sour, jack flash, sour diesel. From what I can find these are all really tall plants...ideally i prefer something shorter.

I'll create a poll if we get enough suggestions too!

2. Sour Diesel, or some hybrid of it, was bred as an indoor strain, I think.

3. I have SD in my closet, and it can be tall, easily 4'+. You can grow it shorter but miss out on awesome yield. OG kush might be a shorter variety but is very similar to Sour Diesel. Also, Headband which is an indica dominant hybrid but is mixed with Sour Diesel, OG Kush and something else.

4. Qrazy Train from subcool,, resistant to mold mildew ext. ext. heavy producer,, 13.36% thc ,, purple shading,, fast to mature (harvest window 55-60 days)

and it is soo tastey,, i got a few going now,, after i tasted the goods i had to have it,, amazing smoke,,

5. With OG's and sour D dominant strains the most effective thing to do for height/yield imo, is supercropping or bending about a week before flowering + a lot of staking.

The original headband i believe was og kush x sour d x master kush

the current one available in seed is og kush x sour d. then 707 cut was back crossed to sour d again.

as far as those strains...i'm going to grow them definitely but right now i'm looking for something relatively hardy with good production for bag appeal and weight purposes. The strains i'm running now are chem 4 and white fire, I wanted another strain that produces a bit more and takes a good deal less pampering, that way I have something else to move to the dispensaries than my personal stash. :)

6. I will look into it. I've seen the strain before...thanks!

7. There are two strains a local dispensary carries that I have been looking at for the same reasons. But, mainly for quick harvests.

1. Sour Grapes = Purple Elephant x Chemdog x Sour Diesel
    2. Kryptonite = the Purps' x Killer Queen

Both are 7-8 week flowering. Both better than average yeald.
    Sour Grapes grows tall and is a good candidate for low stress training, but with a 7-8 week flowering it is very appealing.

8. true, but I am looking for something a little more rare as far as seeing them in dispensaries...I feel like sour grapes is a staple up here in nor cal but thanks for the suggestion!

9. :metal: Nice.
    I look forward to what come up here and what you decide on.

peace