Help me pick out my next grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Kid Metheuselah, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Wow. I just checked out my stock to get ready for my next grow, and I don't know what the heck I'm gonna crack. I've got 5 Fast Nevilles I know I'll drop for sure, but if you guys help me pick the other 7 (I'm only legally allowed 12) I'll put up a grow journal. It'll prolly be 3 or 4 weeks before I start it, though. Gotta crop out first. Don't worry about height or crowding, I have 2 grow rooms. So.. here's what I got to choose from:
    Female Seeds: C99 Hybrid, White Widow X Blueberry
    TGA: Vortex
    G13 Labs: Blue Venom, Pineapple Express
    Dinafem: White Widow, Moby Dick, Original Amnesia
    Greenhouse: King's Kush, White Widow, Exodus Cheese, Superbud, White Rhino
    Barney's: Blue Cheese, Flower Power
    TH Seeds: Kushage, S.A.G.E., Burmese Kush
    DNA: Rocklock, Lemon Skunk, Sour Cream, Chocolope, Hashplant Haze, LA Confidential X Skunk, Sleestack X Skunk, Kandy Kush X Skunk, OG18 X Skunk
    Reserva Privada: X18 Pure Pakistani, Coletrain, OG Kush The 18, Confidential Cheese
    Mandala: Hashberry

I'll be growing in coco with Smartpots and Blumats, if that helps. Thanks in advance!

2. One thing I would consider, and you dont have listed, is flowering times. That alone could change what combinations you would want. I like to go with a full set of either fast flowering or long flowering. But I could see how some people could want to do other ways to chop some and get them curing while you wait on the rest to finish.

3. i say hash berry because mandela has never steared me wrong and the chocolope

4. mandala's hashberry is FUNKY! if you want low odor strains, she's a rag! i cut them down as soon as t hey were stinking my garden up, but it's one of mandala's most popular strains. i love his 8 miles high myself and will put that up against any psychoactive but stoney afghani leaning strain like super silver haze or la confidential ANY day and probably almost anything else you named. it just gets you high & happy much like i expect you'dget from laughing buddha or one of TGA's jack crosses. it's the best indoor haze i know of. no stone at all & it loves music & dancing. i like moe potent haze & haze skunk more, but it's way more well rounded and behaved and indoor friendly too. i'd be happy smoking nothing but that the rest of my life.

greenhouse isn't considered a good breeder anymore

i gave away all of my THseeds freebies except SAGE as i just want nothing to do with skunky stony plants, but want to try that legendary one just to see if it truly DOES smoke like a 50:50 which even 75% sativa skunk #1 can't do

i don't know about RP's gear, but OG kush is one of the most popular strains out there. if you wanted an OG, THseeds would be a really good place to get one. i'm sure i had OG freebies from them i had to get rid of. growing plants just for funk is just wrong in my book if you can get the same buzz in a low odor strain.

blue cheese? well, stoney blueberry and stoney skunk #1 don't impress me so adding a funky cheese pheno to that only sounds like, no danks to me. you want ass kicking blue? grow super cali haze whose high stomps BB's as does it's much tastier grape flavor related to blueberry.

you want something funky and exotic tasting with a great high, try licorice tasting durban poison. that will turn heads as much as it turns stomachs in those who don't like liorice at least. it's totally worth the taste & dry heaves to me as it has the ONLY important trait in the world, it gets one HIGH. the flavor istotally authentic though and it would be a real interesting surprise bud to toss to one's friends

5. #5 CL4P-TP, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    hashberry or vortex

EDIT: WWxBBry ? from Female Seeds ? or just feminized ?

6. #6 hazey grapes, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2011
    i confused CH9 with TGA because they both have jack strains. i know TGA is a top 10 breeder, but think CH9 is one too. regardless, their jack 33 sounds REALLY interesting to me like a sea of green version of laughing buddha. i want to try that one myself some time.

vortex has been mentioned a few times, but i don't know about rotten fruit & baby poo strains when it's possible to get any kind of buzz without some nasty novelty odor like cat piss or diesel. i'd go with TGA's the flav before anything probably as visual strains are the most fun, but all of their strains should live up to their descriptions.

the absolute favorite breeder of everyone seems to be barney. he's the one i've seen recommended the most these days. i didn't really care for LSD (VERY similar to, but smaller than onyx with mild hints of cat piss on floral grapes odor early in flowering, but it's GORGEOUS to look at) as even though it starts out with a mildly psychoactive and active (i wouldn't exactly call it motivational) high, it also hits you right away with heavy eyelids and after a couple hours puts you to sleep. onyx's initial stone is more in the body, but the differences are like 2 phenos of the same strain. i tried laughing buddha, but it fell victim to whatever issue plaggued ALL of my seeds at one point and never popped. i bet that strain is fun, but it's a little bit on the large & slow side. it's possible to get nicely euphoric strains in compact plants like 8 miles high at least and possibly jack 33 too.

7. #7 Kid Metheuselah, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I tried Laughing Buddha at Barney's last time in Amsterdam. Great "behind the eyes" type buzz for walking around exploring. I've got lsd growing right now, along with cannatonic, chocolope, hashplant haze and Magus' Motavation. I'm pretty psyched about the Fast Nevilles (which are NOT autos, they're [Neville's Haze X Ice] X Neville's Haze), because I don't have the patience to grow out the original.

8. isn't LSD fucking sexy?

don't sweat the catpiss odor unless you have a bunch of them growing. it doesn't get too loud and fades after about 3 weeks leaving a nicer haze grapes odor. it's sticky like a mofo! i don't like that in a bud myself. it isn't necessary. fluffy columbian gold will fuck you up totally in just 4 hits.

the buzz with LSD starts out nice, but i just don't like it creeping into a stone that puts you to sleep after a couple hours without even recapping. it would have been really cool to cross it with joey weed's grapey but overly energetic C99. something in between the two strains would be nice.

i wonder about those fast nevilles. i tried nirvana's white castles which are ice crossedwith white widow i think and it was one of the funkiest plants i've ever grown. flumpy's lowdown mystery takes the prize for funkiest roadkill strain i've ever encountered, but white castle isn't exactly a rose either.

do us a favor and post smoke reports for everything, especially comparing their buzzes. it's so hard to find good smoke reports. that's the most important thing!

9. First off, my votes would be for C99 Hybrid, Chocolope, and OG 18
    The Fast Neville from Female does rock though man, it was the first strain I ever grew and being a complete noob I still feel like it did great. In only 8 weeks under 400 watt HPS I ended up pulling just over 3oz's. It's a great indoor haze and the final product is the most up and racy feeling high that I've ever had. I, personally, have to be doing shit after I smoke it, it just puts you in that kinda mood :D
    If you have any questions about that FN don't hesitate to ask

10. awesome smoke reporting! many thanks! that's the kind of info that ain't easy to come by! +REP!

fast nevile sounds like it's in the C99/kali mist ballpark for THC profiles. it might end up being what i try some day to get a speed racer buzz again as C99 is unobtanium now and kali mist might be mellower now too. i bet it's not the best choice breeder for shrinking everything like C99 is, but it could only be more psychoactive

anyone looking for indoor highs should grab some C99 x A11 joey weed beans from hemp depot before they're gone! it looks like he isn't doing C99 & A11 anymore. A11 is C99 mellowed out with a trippier high so the hybrid would be a nicely balanced breeder that should be preseved before it's too late.

breeding already compact but psychoactive or euphoric strains like those two with the crop of new lowryding IBLs out there like super cali haze would be indoor magic of the highest degree. instead of old school 5 foot or taller skunk #1s that eventually just get you nothing but stoned, you could get maybe 3 to 4 foot tall trippy hazes that keep their delicious grape flavor. both the buzz and flavor of 3rd season haze beat the heck out of overly popular blueberry to me. haze tastes way more like grapes too than blueberry does it's namesake.

i had a bud of super silver haze and gave it away. what was i thinking?