Help me pick 3 strains!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Mystic, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Here's what I'm chosing from...please suggest only Sativa or Sativa dominant if you think I should try something other than these.

I'm really digging the idea of some Thai...know any others???

Nirvana's Durban Poison
    Thai-Tanic
    Nirvana's Pure Power Plant
    The Pure Skunk
    Nirvana's New Purple Power

Help me out...don't just read...what's your opinions? I'm a Sativa Lover because I lead an active life and dig an energetic high/head high.

I'm going to LST/scrog these depending on the outcome of grow 2's test.

THIS GROW WILL START OCTOBER 7TH, 2007.

2. thai is a strain that originates near the equator,, so it really doesnt get a season change, it's prone to hormorfidite on you,,, and its a lanky plant, meaning the buds will be long and thin,, if height is a issue id suggest something different...

are you growing inside or out?? this is a question that must be answered before commenting further...

if your growing inside for the first time, id suggest white-widow or a cross there-of... it's a simple strain which is sativa, and takes to indoor growing very well. good luck, and start a journal,, many blades on here will coach you, on any problem's that may arise.. good luck!!!:devious:

3. I'm growing indoors...planning on doing a SCROG grow or LST next grow. I also have about 4' of heighth to work with. Possibly up to 6' if I don't rebuild my cab.

You think a cab that remains around 89-93 is good for a thai plant??? I would think so...that's my cab temps...that's why I looked at some african strains.

Also, chicken, you can see my signature...I grew blue mystic for my first grow and have started a 2nd Blue Mystic grow. I'd say it was semi successful, thus far anyhow. I'm prepping for a winter of growing and would like to build up a stash so I don't have to mess with Summer growing indoors.

4. You've got two more grows than I do, but maybe you should try better seeds? I have had a horrible time with nirvana's seeds. It looks like you did much better than I did with your two grows. My germination rate sucked, I had whole packs of seeds that were bad. I am gonna do mandala next. Maybe kalichakra, satori, or mandala #1 will fit your needs? They don't cost much more and can take the high temps (from what i have read).

Good luck!

5. I only bought 10 seeds, so it's hard for me to judge, to be honest...yeah, I it's just like clothing I would think...you get what you pay for. I did notice that the seeds look very immature, so I'm disappointed with that, but so far I've germinated 4 out of 5 without an issue. I tried one dropped into a peat pellet without cracking it...so that was dumb on my part.

Any other "brand" advice? I was looking at Afropips seeds...Dr. Chronic said those were awesome....but you look at $25 compared to $45 each 10 pack...those seeds WILL last me basically the rest of my life if I start cloning...so maybe I'll just splurge...

What other brands have people been happy with the Pheno types?

6. Probably not real good for a lst but I would like to see you grow thai-tanic. A long, long time ago; when you could still get good land-race genetics, thai was definately one of my favorites. I'm not familiar with the thai-tanic but I am sure there is enough of the sativa genetics still running through it to be a worthy successor to your grow now. But hey, you can't go wrong with that Durban Poison. Good luck, I'm tunin in:D

7. I've had some PMs saying avoid Nirvana....

I've looking at Flying Dutchmen, Afropips and Dutch Passion..

What do you think of these breeders??? or what breeder would you suggest?

8. HAZE!

If not, ThaiTantic.

9. sorry dude, i read your posr and flat overlooked your past grows, i thought it was just a nug pic. like all others have in thier sig.

try dr.cronic... and if you mention the city, he will give you a 10% discount...

i aint heard no complaints on his speedines , or his discreetness,,,, and his packaging is stealthy, from others feedback....

good luck!!!:p my last post was at 9;15 p.m. ,,, that may explain a lot,,, them natural lights were proably on my back!!!

10. I thought about the haze.

I had some Silver Haze from a Dealer years and years ago and it was the BOMB! I used to love having a dealer that had a variety. This dude was crazy.

You want...Blueberry, Silver Haze or Jamaican Red? I'd pick...then he'd smoke me out with White Widow....He would never sell the white widow. Man that shit is awesome. That's why I picked Blue Mystic for my first...WW x BB, Yummy!!!

Anyhow...I think Haze is an Indica though?

EDIT: Did some research...I'm 100% wrong...Haze is Sativa based.

11. haze is a sativa,,, a spiritual high from what ive been told by a old school stoner friend of mine,,,, nevills haze,,,,, its a '' linky'' plant long stringy buds,,, not a high yielder.... but quality is one of the best traits, anyhow!!!:wave:

12. Yeah, I've just been browsing numerous sites with seeds...and Now I realize that Haze is as you say, a Sativa...I may get a haze.

13. I think you can have an "up" high and not be happy with it because it's too "up". That said, I'd take a hard look at Greenhouse's Arjan's Haze #3 because it's a full sativa that can be kept under 5 feet I believe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3aVXayn7sGo

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?category=GreenHouse+Feminised

http://www.azarius.net/headshop/cannabis_seeds/greenhouseseeds/arjans_haze_3_greenhouse_feminised/

Another serious choice for sativa lovers is Serious's Kali Mist because it is said to be one of the clearest, nicest, friendliest sativa highs out there.

Here's a link on a guy's thai grow and he talks about it being prone to hermi:

http://www.hempcity.net/travelreports/11strains2003/thaisinse/index.html

I think Durban is a great choice because it's supposed to be very happy. But it's going to want to get tall I think. I would trust Dutch Passion's seeds because the one pack I had was perfect germinating even though they looked like crappy seeds.

14. ^^^ Thanks brother for the tips.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Thai for the meer purpose of the taste. It's almost like a fancy cigar or something...if you haven't tried it, it's tough to compare to others I've tried personally...but, I've only experienced "brand name" buds maybe a couple dozen times. Certianly not a regular occurence around my parts. I'm lucking to find shit brick weed.

Now, I don't ever have to carry my gun again...it's a dangerous stop to get my stash.

That report is pretty good too, but look at the year...2003, I'm hoping genetics have gotten better since then...and the one I'm looking at is crossed with skunk, os that should help.

15. Sativas are definetly the way to to go. i've had great results with lst'n. i got some plants right now that are roughly about 6 inches tall, but since they have been lsted they have around 10-15 tops of all the same height, and are overflowing the bounds of 10 inch diameter 3 gallon pots. LST so great.

And it was actually a sativa that made me start growing, so good. I'd recommend, from personal smoking experience, Kali Mist. I believe you can get seeds from serious seeds. if there not there just ask me and i'll find out the location (the 2007 hydro issue from hightimes tells you where you can find it as part of their top 10 strains of 2007).

KALI MIST

^^ i didn't see. kali mist baby. the favorit bud i've smoked in the last 2 years

16. Here's what Dr. Chronic's website has....Looks tasty

Tempting....Very Tempting...just not digging the price....I'm going to see what else is out there that is similar. You ever try AFROPIPS??? Dr. Chronic recommended them...but alot of their stuff was talking about Psychoactive properties....I'm all about cerebral, but psychoactive for a daily smoke is a no thank you...might be nice to bonsai and try some micro grows with it though.

Anyone grown Afropips seeds???

17. Super silver haze..... A nice sativa that produces a good amount of medicinal grade MJ. I read about something called Blue moonshine and it was a really appealing sativa but I forgot what all the strain consists of..

18. Anyone grown any afropips?

19. Grow Jack Herer its one of the best highs ive ever had

20. i was thinking about some of this Malawi Mini..

what opinions do u have about maybe tryin this for a first time grower?