HELP ME pH issue

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tacomuybueno, May 18, 2012.

1. Hello. I got an autoflower about two weeks old in a quart container. Using sunshine#4 mix with no nutes yet. I added dolomite lime from the get because I tested runoff at 5.5 out of the bag. I am using oakton ph tester btw to test with. So I added lime at 2TSP a gal. I tested runoff other day and it keeps coming out at 7.0 after watering at 6.5, 6.0, and 5.5. What gives? Is the lime quickly buffering it back up to 7.0 despite 5.5 water??? HELP!!

2. i had the same problem..even with a good flush with 7.0 phd water and it kept dropping back down to about 5.5 have no idea why. i couldnt add nutes at all or it would fry it, it grew really slow.. sorry this doesnt really help but i havent had that problem again.. i was thinking it was the ffof soil it was in was becoming acidic over time...started using ff happy frog instead and havent had a problem with the ph lowering

3. stick that sucker in the bathtub and flush the crap out of it.

4. Yes the limes buffering back up. You added just a tad to much. 1 table spoon per gallon, it will come down over time. You could flush but do tou need to? You seeing any nute lock out? Run a slurry test on your soil it will give you a true reading. Mix 1 cup dirt to one cup ph water to 7 . Wait about 45 minutes then test the sample. Hope this helps. Id do a slurry test before i flushed i've had the test vary by 4 points difference between a run off test and a slurry test.