Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me out im a newbie

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Thrashgoblin, Nov 6, 2009.

1. I just wanna ask does eating weed straight get you high and does coughing make you more high:confused: please anwser these both in detail

2. well i wouldnt personnaly just eat weed straight up either mix it with some food or hit the bong lol and couhging probably doesnt get u more high cause your coughing the smoke out without inhaling most likely

3. Lol thanks its just some rumors i wanted to clear up

4. Eating weed straight will get you high, just a weird kind of high and not as strong. Yes, coughing does effect how high you are and/or feel.

5. #5 whswatty, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    ok, there is an entire world in this. edibles are a usually a completely different high. That said, there are tons of things you can do. basically, the thing in pot that causes the high is THC, along with other cannabinoids. THC binds to fats and other lipids, thats why they show up in drug tests and can be eaten with food. Your best shot at getting high off eating pot is either letting it sit in some fatty foods, such as peanut-butter, or baking it in fatty foods, such as in brownies, or peanut butter again. To understand this, you must realize that the body does not use marijuana when it is digested, so the THC is just excreted and does not get taken up into the blood-stream. When combined with fats, and actually alcohols which is another concept, the body can "use" the fats and then are taken into the body itself, getting you high. Don't just eat pot or combine it with stuff, you have to cook it let it saturate. There are many threads out there that can help you. You can actually use fats from butter to pull the THC of the plant itself (cannabutter), so you can make almost anything that uses butter. Personally I love firecrackers, heres a link. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...kers-work-detailed-instructions-pictures.html Enjoy man, and do some more research into what you enjoy personally.

P.S. coughing should, theoretically, get you more high because it opens up more bronchioles in the lungs, but i have never felt more "high" because of it. Perhaps more light-headed.

6. eating weed will get you high, but you digest and absorb it better if it's prepared with a fatty/oily food and cooked. so eating a nug will get you less high than if you smoked it, but eating that same nug in brownies can get you higher. but it's more of a body high.

and i can't imagine coughing making you higher, but if you took a huge smokey hit, you'll probably end up getting higher than if you took a smaller more manageable hit that didn't make you cough. so maybe that's where that rumor came from

7. eating straight weed without cooking it in oil or something with lots of fat in it won't do anything. cook it or smoke it.

8. coughing doesn't get you more high its just your not intaking enough oxygen, and lack of oxygen makes you feel light headed

9. im pretty sure that eating weed straight wont do jack. Im pretty sure that it has to be heated to release the shit that gets ya high.

10. Do. Not. Eat weed. At least not straight out of a bag. This was the worst newby mistake I personally ever made, and will never make it again.

The science behind smoking weed is this... Marijuana contains a chemical THC, which gets you high. To release the THC in marijuana it must be burned at a high temperature. Eating marijuana straight does not do anything, because your stomach acids do not burn it at a high enough temperature, or barely at all.

The reason why weed brownies work is because the THC from the weed is released by the heat and absorbed by the fluffy brownies. Therefore, every bite you take is like a hit from a bong.

So... Do not eat weed. Chew on stems if you want to for fun, but do not eat the bud.