help me out here. people that know about car audio shit.(subwoofers)

Discussion in 'General' started by chronicman00, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Looks like a pretty good deal man
    But not sure what quality the subs will be
    You should buy some kickers

2. How many watts is that amp? 1200 like the woofers?

3. whats the difference between subs n kickers?

i currently have an 8-speaker rocksford-fosgate system in my car n its GOOD but its still stock.
    yes 1200 watts

4. Kickers are the top of the line brand subwoofers. Dual is kind of low to middle end but that is still a hell of a deal for the complete package especially is the amp is also 1200 watts. I am running 2 12in sony xpolds with a 1200 watt amp and they hit like mac trucks. But kickers are top of the line.

5. oh i seee. the system in my car is like brand new since i have a 2010 nissan sentra sr. and it knocks pretty good but i just wanna add some more 'umph' haha so i just want somethin thats average.

6. Those Duals will be good for you then and it looks to come with all the wiring and things you will need as well. I am not sure personally how to wire woofers with a stock head but my jeep came with a new radio head when I bought it so it wasn't a problem. with the amp pushing 1200 watts don't max them out or you will risk blowing them but you can get pretty crazy.

7. hmm i see. so this is a good deal? yes?no?

8. yessir it is. at most a new radio deck would be 60 for a new good one and 30 for cords if you need any but looks like its all there. go for it my friend

9. oh niceee and do you happen to know what 'RE' means? cause i read something that said "yeah these are good subs if theyre RE if theyre not they may be a knock off"

10. Uhm where did you read that? RE is a company who makes subwoofers but I am not sure. I will do more research and get back to you. Please Stand By:wave:

11. thanks and that would make sense since the person was talking about making sure its RE or its knock off.

and on yahoo answers i think hahah someone had already asked if these were good but got mixed answers so i came here since i know stoners know theyre shit haha

12. Ok the more I look into these the more I think you should just get a different brand, I knew they were lower end but you should save up and get something else man. These look like some stores need to get some flea market subs gone and it seems that they aren't that good they just can push 1200 watts and aren't actually that powerful. It will be so much more worth it. 2 10in or 12in sony xplods would be a good bet, that is the brand I have in my jeep and they are awesome. 1 12in would hit hard as well if you only want a little more punch and that would run cheap because they sell that brand at your local walmart. But don't let the fact that they sell at walmart change your mind though because it is all still sony brand. Look at Best Buy too but generally be more expensive.

Hope I helped a little. :(

13. Haha I install subs for all my friends and have owned and seen a lot in my day so I am happy to help.

14. yeah ive come to the same conclusion. thanks for your help brotha

15. No problem my man. I just dont trust these this unless they are in front of me and can verify all the specs off the woofers. Xpolds are solid.

Good luck to you

16. yeah ima look into those. these also

[​IMG]

17. hmmm what exactly are they and I will see what i can do haha

18. hahaha its all good mayne. i have a general idea of what to look for now i think some 10" subs will be perfect.