Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me make my parents accept it

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sevexius, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! Last week I got caught. I still live with my parents (uni is just around the corner!) and so they told me I had to stop. However, after talking very much with them, I think I'm starting to breakthrough. Today they asked to see any studies that might indicate that adolescent use of cannabis is not harmful. I think that if I give them some good stuff, they might change their minds about it. :rolleyes:

Basically, could everyone post links to studies, journals, articles, anything that is backed up by a reputable source, that are in favour that cannabis usage is not harmful (and if possible, studies done on teenagers) ? I already have Granny's list, but I feel as though the more studies I show, the more likely they'll accept it.

tl;dr help a brother out, link me any articles suggesting that bud is not bad.

Thank you! :smoke:

2. Sorry, I do not think people under 21 should be consuming cannabis, I am a hypocrit as I smoked at 17, but if you wan to bend facts so you can smoke early, I won't help you.

3. Why do you believe people under 21 shouldn't be experiencing the power of the herb, bro?

4. #4 [0[eagjo, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    Are you 18? Tell them to fuck themselves. OR

Have them watch the union, or go to norml. Go to the medical marijuana section and look at the list of links. Granny's list.

If they voted for McCain in 2008 tell them you're sorry and you are done smoking.

5. A few books said that adolescent use led to a more panic state. Rats remembered less about their surroundings. They dropped stoned teenage rats in a tub of water, the stones ones couldn't figure out there was a platform under surface, sober rats calmly found platform where stoned rats scurried in panic state.

Explains paranoia amongst the youngsters

6. #6 MaxAmmo, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Because their bodies are Not fully developed, smoking will cause issues. If I knew cannabis was bad for juveniles, I would have waited.

7. uni is just under a year away?

It's their house, do them the decency to not smoke under their roof. Smoke all you want, just not in their house. It's fair enough....

8. The weed didn't cause the paranoia directly. The rats couldn't find the platform because they were stoned, and that's why they panicked.

This basically says people (or rats) aren't as attentive when they're stoned than when they're sober. No one can deny that. But that's different than actually causing harm. The stoned rats will be sober in a few hours and will be able to complete the test just as well as the other rats.

9. What facts would they be? Out of curiosity...

10. In any case, I do not want young stoned 17 year old at the wheel about to panic and collide with my car. And do not tell me it won't happen.

11. [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007]The Union[/ame]

Make them watch it all.

You will be good to go. Soothed my paranoia when I was worried that if I did weed it would fuck me up.

12. People.. I just want links, not your opinions. I rather read a scientific journal made by actual scientists than how you think the world works.

And can we not turn this into a debate? I know that there are studies in favour that it is not harmful for adolescents, because I've seen them before.

Also, 18 is not that far from being an full grown adult. Don't give me shit because I'm a couple years too young to meet your standards for being fully grown.

13. How you gona prove to them if you having other people do your work for you. Research it yourself to show you have motivation, Google that shit son :cool:

14. When i was 12 i was grown (downstairs) :cool:

15. People that smoke and drive, and can't handle it, are scary as SHIT.

Rode in a car with this one chick that couldn't do it very well...omg, never again.

I drive the same sober and high, but some people just shouldn't do it.

16. Oh I have researched it. The only reason I made this thread was to see if anyone has anything that I might have missed.

And I already have Granny's list. :)

17. The only things I can find pretty much say "Well, it could be worse, you could be shooting heroin and smoking crack" and that's not much of an argument.:laughing:

18. The Union. My mom said it opened her eyes a lot when i made her watch it