Help me finish off these babes strong

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TropicanaBongs, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Hey GC, I have a small grow going right now, 4 Dinafem strains: Amnesia Auto, Sweet Deep Grapefruit Dinachem and Dinamex. The Amnesia Auto will hit day 80 on Dec. 18th so it's still a few weeks away, but it seems it's not producing much for me. The other 3 are still a good month away and started flower production in the last week or so.

This grow is 100% organic, very low maintenance. My soil mix is my organic compost with some high quality soil from my garden volcanic rock for pore space and composted chicken manure from my chickens :) These plants have received nothing but straight water and nutrients from the soil mix other than a little fish bone meal.

Any suggestions from organic growers on how I can help finish these ladies off strong? Im questioning a transplant they are in 2 gallon pots its too late to transplant the Amnesia but maybe the others? Maybe some bat guano or organic teas? I dont know much about organic fertilizers HELP!

Running a 450 Watt HPS w/built in ballast and two oscillating fans as well as a 1000 lumen CFL for lower leaves and branches in the middle.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated! check the pics

Attached Files:

2. Hey Tropicana. Good morning - nice plants.

Try dusting the surface of your pots with some Kelp Meal and then adding a nice thick layer of vermicompost. The kelp will give you added nutrition - I bet your plants are a little bit hungry, and the vermi will help break it down quickly and get it to your microbes/plants.

I love your mix - I've been growing in almost straight compost myself. The difference is that I add an assortment of soil amendments directly to my compost and then let it sit a few months before use.

Hit them with some more food! I bet they suck it up greedily. Soaking some kelp in water for a week is another good way to get it to them. Just add a quarter cup per gallon, let it sit, stir here and there and just use this to water with in place of your clear water. Your plants will also swell up towards the end on their own - let them go the full distance to maturity.

Happy Thanksgiving.

J

3. Thanks for the reply and suggestions man, went to the local hydroponics shop they didnt have kelp but I grabbed some worm castings and some Pure Blend Tea by Botanicare the girls seem to be happier ill throw some pictures up later.

4. "went to the local hydroponics shop they didnt have kelp"

"went to the local hydroponics shop"

"hydroponics shop"

"hydroponics"

J

5. LOL I guess you're right wrong place to start but I love that little shop! I live in the mountains and the next town is 2 hours away haha here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

6. and in regards to the compost I do the same thing, too rich to plant into right away, I'll add my amendments and dig a few juicy worms out of the compost and let them do work for a month or two!