Help me find my dream roommate!

Discussion in 'General' started by dendanskesimon, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Whats good blades? This fall Im going to be starting college in S FL. Now, I have no friends to room with at this school so Im using the roommate search thing the school has.

I dont smoke cigarettes and really hate them, only tobacco ill get is a dutch, swisha etc. so I put that Im a non smoker in the basic info thing. I dont wanna put anything MJ related in the additional info cuz its on the schools site, but I guess I would engage in some correspondece with potential roommates before agreeding to room with them. Do you rthink it would be ok to ask them on fb or something then if they "smoke anything/anything other than cigarettes" or something like that. Im not sure what to do, but I couldnt stand rooming with some propoganda possessed person.

I just need to find someone that would be straight with my habit, and although I smoke several times a day right now, I guess Ill have to cut down a lot in college because its obviously not safe in the dorms really and I can not bring a car with me on campus as a freshman.

I know Im going to be living with only one roommate btw. Ill add any additional info you all might need if I remember right now cuz well... yo soy :smoking:haha

2. #2 Carl Weathers, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Something I see quite a bit in "Flatmate Wanted" ads is "420 Friendly" written somewhere. It's quite perfect really, because people who dont smoke would probably just shrug it off and people who do smoke will have a smile on their dial. I'm talking about rental properties abroad though, not specifically for university lodgings.

3. Yeah, I thought about that, but I cant put it on the schools site. I am also required to live on campus for my first year.

4. you might be able to facebook them before you head off to school.
    during the summer check to seee if you can see ur future roomates online

5. You could put something like must be 024 friendly. There is no way you can get in trouble for that and the stoners will know what you mean. You just gotta flip the numbers around.

6. I am in the same situation as you, and I think if you leave your roommate search as it is and talk to the person before you decide to room with them.

Think about what would happen if you ask if they smoke on facebook before you have chosen your roommate. they will either say yes, and thats cool, or they will say no. if thay say this, oh well. you probably will not want to room with them. or you will.

its really not something you should stress about i think.

7. If they looks like someone who would be cool with it, just ask them when they come check out the house.

I got a new roomate using craigslist and things have been perfect so far. You will get a ton of people calling %90 won't work, but you will have a choice. Still have the same roomate now, and even got a new girl roommate on CL who I'm really good friend w/ now and things have been great all year. The roommate I found last year is awesome too, he's only here weekdays (GF in Tampa), he is he loans me his 500hp supra when I want, and he's hooked me up with like 5 of his friends this semester. doesn't get much better than that :)

8. find someone cute

9. It's me bro.

10. Put down some stereotypical stoner things. For instance, I'm sure their is a field where you list hobbies/activities and the like... put down disc golf, chilling, hacky sac, you know something like that. You're bound to be placed with a fellow toker.

11. make sure when you smoke weed satan posesses you

12. You mind if I ask what school?

Recently moved to fl from out of the state and from being here a month it seems that people are pretty pot friendly, I mean of course it's not a mmj state so the laws are gonna be pretty tough. All I gotta say is ask if they are pot friendly and watch out with the weed, don't get caught up man!

13. Good idea, but I hate all that stuff though so that wouldnt really work.

my roommate has to be a guy :mad: I have several chicks I could have roomed with otherwise and wouldnt have this problem

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Im not gonna post what school it is, but if youre going to school in the area feel free to ask if Im goin to the same school as you and Ill respond.