Help me find a couple parts for my grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ric0chet06, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I've decided a computer case grow is perfect for me, i have an extra case next to me. The lowryder plants seem perfect for my needs, too. Now, i want a hydroponic system, maybe 2-3 plants max, and i need a light. I can only seem to find big huge ones, not ones that fit into a computer case. my case is a thermaltake tsunami, fyi. I have a 120mm fan for intake and a 120mm fan for exhaust, and ill be adding tinfoil tape on the inside. so give me a 2-3 slot hydro system and a light, and maybe a chemical kit? thanks

2. hahah it's like you're placing an order... good luck with that...hahaha

Try READING and maybe searching for microgrows....

3. Ok, first of all, no way your getting 3 plants in there, even two is stretching it.

Second, how tall is your case? I'm planning a PC grow and my biggest problem is vertical space, and i have a 26" tall case.

Third, I personally have been straddling the fence between fluorescent tubes and CFL's, and I think i have decided on CFL's just due to ease of use. So go to home depot and buy some 150w (Actual wattage not incandescent equivalent) CFL's and that should be about 5,000 lumen's total if you have two. That might be stretching it for two plants, but for one its fine. My plan was to grow one plant using the ScrOG technique, which i felt would produce the most yield for such a small space.

Fourth, your best bet is a Deep Water Culture Hydroponic system. The concept behind it is easy. Get a small net pot and some rock wool and grow medium, put your seed in the rock wool, put that in the net pot, and cover with grow medium. Fill your reservoir until it is about 1" above the bottom of the net pot. Do this until a root breaks through then drop it to an inch below the pot. Try to get a reservoir that fits the length and width of your case, with less emphasis on height. Vertical space is precious in such a micro-grow. (i was planning on using a small rubbermaid tub that is about 15"w x 6"d x 4"t.

if you need some inspiration, I myself have a PC Grow Box design thread in the Grow room design/setup thread.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/159517-soil-hydro-pc-grow-box.html

There is also a good one by boyakasha1:http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/158271-pc-grow-box.html

let us know how it turns out!

4. my case is only about 20'' tall, you think that's enough? wheres a good place to get cheap server cases at?