Help me decide where to do.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Royal Kush, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I think I'm posting this in the right section, if not feel free to move this.

I am hopefully getting an ounce at the end of this week, and I would like to get some opinions about what to do with it.

My friends are paying me to make brownies for them, but i also would like to make BHO. So this is my dilemma...should I make BHO from the whole ounce and make edibles with half of the return, or make edibles with a half o and just smoke the rest. I've never made BHO before, that's why I'm confused about what to do. What kind of yields could I see from an ounce of dank indica?

2. How much oil is in the ounce depends on the pot. If you haven't made it before, you should probably do a trial run first- extract the oils from a small portion of the ounce and see if you want to do the rest. Hash is nice stuff, but personally, I'd never trade all of my pot for its equivalent in oil.

3. That's what I'm thinking. Even if I got 4 grams in return from an o, that's like paying 80 dollars a gram for questionable hash haha. I think ill make edibles with a half o and smoke or share the rest

4. Make a concentrate and then use that in your edibles. Be sure to decade at 220 and your final product will be much better and not taste like ass. Qwiso or bho...up to you, or dry ice kief it and make it with that. But don't use strait budsz

5. It's fun to experiment with, but assuming the bud is not garbage I completely agree with Jelly.

Since it's your first time, see if you can find some cheap shake or just not so great bud and practice with that. Concentrated is concentrated, worse that would happen is a lower yield from the poopoo

6. [quote name='"Jmosley"']It's fun to experiment with, but assuming the bud is not garbage I completely agree with Jelly.

Since it's your first time, see if you can find some cheap shake or just not so great bud and practice with that. Concentrated is concentrated, worse that would happen is a lower yield from the poopoo[/quote]

I've made them before, I was asking for an opinion about what to do.

7. #7 1sttimegrower, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    Don't make BHO - its a waste for you. Its a beautiful treat, but I'd keep the ounce over even 4 grams BHO.

Take half and make ISO hash - not QWISO - to bake with. A 60 second shake is what I would recommend as a minimum. Since your baking the extra extracted compounds that affect taste won't affect your cooking (it only really makes smoking it bad). And the longer wash ensures that you extract more compounds. People are going to look down on me for advocating a longer wash, but cannabis has SO MUCH MORE than just the polar substances that get you "high". The longer wash ensures you get a wider variety of compounds which have both psychoactive as well as medicinal benefits - Since your not smoking it, the extra matter extracted simply does not matter.

The other half, if you want, go ahead and do BHO. rough it at 10% for yield as a guestimate = 1.4 grams. I'd keep the bud were I you to just smoke on instead of making any hash. Hash is really only cost effective with trim.

8. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']Don't make BHO - its a waste for you. Its a beautiful treat, but I'd keep the ounce over even 4 grams BHO.

Take half and make ISO hash - not QWISO - to bake with. A 60 second shake is what I would recommend as a minimum. Since your baking the extra extracted compounds that affect taste won't affect your cooking (it only really makes smoking it bad). And the longer wash ensures that you extract more compounds. People are going to look down on me for advocating a longer wash, but cannabis has SO MUCH MORE than just the polar substances that get you "high". The longer wash ensures you get a wider variety of compounds which have both psychoactive as well as medicinal benefits - Since your not smoking it, the extra matter extracted simply does not matter.

The other half, if you want, go ahead and do BHO. rough it at 10% for yield as a guestimate = 1.4 grams. I'd keep the bud were I you to just smoke on instead of making any hash. Hash is really only cost effective with trim.[/quote]

Im probably just gonna smoke the bud, so much easier that way.