Help me buy a video card!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by ChronicBxR, Apr 9, 2011.

1. So I was browsing Newegg for a new video card and came across the Sapphire 5850. Is it possible that they screwed up? It's going for 130$ (Canadian) which seems way too cheap :eek:

If this seems legit to you, do you think I should buy it or get a friends BFG GTX 260 (896MB) for $100.

I understand that BFG is no longer a company so there would be no replacement if it broke within a month.

I don't want to play any game specifically that need these kinds of graphics but I hate buying stuff that's less than great.

How does the 5770 fare against the gtx 260? I've read reviews and they seem pretty close in comparison which seems odd considering they have very different bandwidths.

Thanks for your help GC!

2. No replacement also means no support and no software updates. Go with the Sapphire.

3. F Sapphire. Check out this link. The company is EVGA. If you have never heard of them, they have AMAZING customer service. You register your product whether it be mobo, GPU etc. then it saves on their site. And the warranty is one of the best thing EVGA offers. If the GPU becomes unusable, say a capacitor blows on it or it starts to artifact, whatever the matter they will ship YOU a box to place it in and you place it in and they ship you a brand new card process usually takes a week. So seriously...look at the GTX 400 series or 500 series cards. They perform very well. And EVGA makes amazing products

EVGA | Products | Product List

*NO not a sales rep or whatever for EVGA. I have purchased countless GPU's and mobos form them when building PC's and have never had any issues with them.