Help lost 1 already 2 more on deaths door

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 000DankStank000, Mar 18, 2014.

1. So little timmie died last week and now I got 2 more plants following in his foot prints.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I have flushed my plants and pots still feel heavy so doesn't seem to need water.

I have like 7 others doing well all treated the same

2. To be honest they look over watered and suffering from a nutrient lockout. Can you give us a bit more info by filling out this form?

We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

3. Soil
    HPS 400watts
    20 inches
    Every 3 days or when pots are dry
    Tap water left out 24 hr
    Then PH 6.5
    3 gal pots
    Fed KIND base,Grow not in a week
    Promix soil
    It's 84F
    15%RH

I over waters a lot in the begging but cut that out with a meter and pot lifting tech

4. Are you giving them any nutes?

5. I haven't in 2 weeks .

They got over done 2 weeks prior.

I have plants that look good then these ones

6. Well the PH going in needs to be adjusted so that the PH of the runoff is in the right zone. So say you want 6.5 root zone PH you might need to water with 7, can you test your runoff next watering and report the PH?

7. Yes
    I am due for a watering Tommorow

Will collect run off and check PH

8. Ok started with water at 7.0 PH

Run off was as low as 5.9 in one plant and as high as 6.5 in another plants.

So what does this tell us? I wanna buy a EC meter today hopefully

9. I have heard that a low runoff can mean nutrients are building up in the soil but I have no confirmation of that, I still haven't bought a EC/TDS meter yet so I just adjust the PH of the water going in until the runoff is correct and it seems to be working fine so far.

10. i've heard that its not necessary to worry about the ph when growing in soil as the soil is ph puffered to start with and will fluxuate up and down at times tell it buffers itself out again to the correct ph level and unlike hydroponics where the water itself is the medium and you have to adjust the ph of the water for that exact reason you do not have to ph the water going in to soil cause it is the soil itself that is the medium and not the water and you would need to change the ph of the soil itself not the water going in if you need to change the ph for what ever reason, i read a lot of people ph there water before it goes in which is not necessery as its my understanding that its not doing anything and does not change the ph of your soil that way either!!!!

i've also heard that testing your run off water for its ph will give you incorrect reading too as it passes to quickly through the soil to be able to give you a correct reading through its run off though i know loads of people do it and swear by it and i too use to do it in the beginning until i learnt a bit more and if you feel it works for you then you go for it though it is not something i would advise doing anymore!!!!!

a good soil and coco ph meter would be your best bet, not one of those cheap shitty ones as there inaccurate and i myself prefer the ones made by hanna which are more expensive but more accurate!!!!