HELP---looking for a quick answer from a 100% perlite pro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iMOD, Oct 19, 2009.

1. My girls are sitting in cut down (sterile) 2liter jugs with 100% perlite from sprout. They were planted on the 10/14/09 my question is should I be adding nutes already? or should I have been adding them from the beginning? is it too late? I didnt think of this when I planted them but now Im wondering if water and light is all they need in seedling stage this early....:( im worried they have nothing/not enough to eat.

Please, im only looking for help from someone who has done this or really knows.. no "i think's..."

much love.
    peace

oh and just so you know what im working with
    4plants
    26x4 cfl (6700k)
    100% perlite in
    water is 3+ day old for watering

2. 10/14? no, no nutes yet man. Wait until they have abount 2-3 sets of fan leaves and then only use 1/4 strength nutes, increasing to full strength over a week or 2.

3. so im fine with just water and light for now, cool. Also my current light cycle is 24/7 nothing wrong with that right?

4. Nope, make sure the water is pH'd, and light 24/7 until flower then 12/12.

5. can you link me to a kit that I can buy one the internet that will test the PH in water and add/lower it for me.

I understand everything to growing except the whole PH thing, that seems the most complicated.

6. Thanks for the speedy response Halitzor, I was under the impression that you didnt need to worry about PHing in Perlite but now I can see why my girls (one faded) have not really taken off. Found out my water was at 7 or so but got it down to 5.5ish 5.6 and in a day you can already see a turnaround. :hello: thanks again. always giving back to the community.