help lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bradz1987, Dec 7, 2006.

1. how many lumens per plant would you guys use, i,e 100watt =1000 lumens

2. Im not sure what question your asking here?

How many lights would use for a plant if a 100watt light= 1000 lumens?

or, how many plants could you light with a 100watt/1000lumen light?

I would use as many lumens as possible for my plants.

3. Since when?

4. :confused_2::laughing::bolt:haha..thats my response.

5. Every lighting system is different. Some put out more lumens-per-watt than others. Anyway, as is often mentioned, "lumens are for humans", and if you care enough, you'll do your homework and learn about "PAR Watts". You'll also study the various light requirements at different stages of the plant's growth.

There is a place for CFL, fluorescent, MH, HPS, LED, and UVB lamps in cannabis growing. Most people use HPS lighting for the flowering stage because of its colour, and because it's very efficient, putting out lots of lumens-per-watt. But that intensity changes over distance-to-lamp, and also differs from lamp-to-lamp. A 600W HPS lamp puts out more lumens-per-watt than a 1000W, for instance.

I'll attach an image to get you started.

-mu

Attached Files:

6. all i want to know is how much wattage should 1 plant need, im using cfl

7. Generally, for watts, you want atleast 100w per plant, not what the package says it is equivalent to but what the CFL really uses. Lumens are what matters for figuring out lights but 100w per plant will put you in the right neighborhood.

8. Oops!

I meant to put bold around the "do your homework" part.

-mu

9. hehe^^^

10. Just 100 Watt , Normal House Hold Lighting, Or 100 Watt Cfl, Equvilant To Prob 500 Watt

11. Understand Now Thanx