HELP! Light fell on my baby:(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SEZgrow, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Moving lights closer to my plants last night and one fell on my 1 week old. I am super bummed but it didn't snap it, only bent it......I packed some dirt around her n tied her up.......you think she will survive? Anything I can do to help her recover? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Don't take my word but I think it'll be fine as long as you take care of it properly. I don't really see footprints on fields or anything.

3. Thanks, nothing special I can do to help then? Take care as usual?
    Sorry I'm a newbie so you lost me at footprints on fields

4. hey bud, if nothing snapped there isnt anything to worry about. in my veg cfl cabinet i had a light drop on one of my plants 6 times breaking off some fan leaves and this was when it was about a week or two older than yours. The plant is still alive up to this day and turned into a proper monster by now, going to be flipped soon

5. This is a resilient plant, I knocked a seedling over at about 2 weeks old..... Lots of root damage, she's now 5 weeks old and growing fine. She's smaller than the others, she lost a week+ of growth.

Here's my advice. Just like a doctor would tell someone to take it easy for a while, this is what you need to help your plant with. Don't stress on "perfect", you'll Dr her to death, just a few simple things to help her heal herself. Move light away just a little and make sure you don't over water. Could also move her away from light a bit (off to the side, etc.).

You may lose a little time with her. If it's an auto that could hurt, or maybe not. Really no way to tell how bad it stressed her and I doubt you'll lose her.

My $.02

Happy smoke trails! :love-m3j:

6. Awesome! Thanks!

7. Your plant will be fine. I have had worse happen to mine and it survived and flowered.

• Like Like x 3
  8. You all have greatly eased my mind, appreciate all ur input!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aww man here I was about to tell you to keep your child away from dangerous lighting and all you have is your basic cannabis seedling and not a baby...

10. My best plants are the ones that recovered from incidents such as this...well..other than the one I hermied...