Help! Leaving for 10 days, what to do with plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nimz4life, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hey guys, Im kind of new at this and need some help. I'm leaving for spring break (about 10 days) and I have 5 plants. What should I do so that they don't die (watering, etc)? Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Have a buddy do it for you...

3. Of course that would be the easy solution, however, in the situation im in now it is not an option. The plants (5) will be away from human contact for about 10 days.

4. trust me im no expert at growing *at all* but im in the same situation, I am leaving for europe for 3 wks at the beginning of summer vacation so what im planning on doin is just gettin skimp plants for now get whatever they harvest, let it dry while im gone, then come home plant new seeds and smoke my dried bud :) , any way u can get them to flower before u go?

5. I'm in the same situation. I'll be gone for 2 weeks next month. I'm in 12/12 now, and I'm 90% sure I'll just harvest a little early.

These are 2 things i've been thinking about for my situation.

1. I saw these watering bottles at home depot... you stick them upside down into the dirt, and they water the plant automatically. supposedly for up to 2 weeks or more, probably depends on the size of the plant. Problem is they're not that big, only hold about a quart? of water.

2. Hook a hose up from the sink through one of those watering timers for the lawn, and hope that it works right while I'm gone. Leaking, or not working at all could be a problem.

Anyways, that's why I'm leaning to an early harvest.

Post what you come up with, I'd like to know what you decide.