help leaves yellowing and dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by layzee, Oct 1, 2010.

1. #1 layzee, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...) first time

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. CFL's 23 or 26 watt 8 of them
    .2) Distance from tops? about a inch and a half
    .3) Reflector type? bare bulb
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? yes
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? watt 23 or 26, higher spectrum i think 5000k (can't remember and they're off atm), 16 on 8 off.

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) Roots Organics Cocofiber Hydroponic Soilless Media (has coco fiber, perlite, pumice, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, greensand, soluble kelp, leonardite. enough for a starter charge from what i could find out online)
    .8) Size of container. they are in 1 gallon pots
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? no

Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? tap ph 8.2 ppm 20(has chloramine in it chick at the hydro store said that she grows fine with it)
    11) Method of checking water ph. bluelab combo meter
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. ph down(brand general hydroponics)
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. canna brand terra line(tera vega 2-1-3 cannazym 0-2-1 rhizotonic 0.6-0.0-.0.6) feeding schedule is a bit of a mess atm will go into more depth in the post.
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? feeding schedule is a bit of a mess atm will go into more depth in the post.
    15) Any additives or tea's? no
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? pretty stable i think..
    17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph? 6.2-6.3 and the run off has always been 6.9-7.0 ph
    18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray? no

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    20) What size of closet, room or hut? 4x3x7
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? lights on 78-84 lights off 70 at the lowest more around 74-78
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? not yet

Your strain:
    23) What strain are you growing? blue dream
    24) From seeds or clones? clones
    25) Is this an autoflower strain? no?

have had clones almost 1 month when i got them they were 4" tall now they are almost 8" tryed to much on my own to fix the problem and i haven't done to good so far hopefully i haven't stuff'd them up to much.. [​IMG]

i water till slight run off

watering so far

9/7/10 ph 6.3 ppm(didn't measure probably around same as second watering)
    9/10/10 ph 6.2 ppm 70(ph'd down then up'd used to much ph down)
    9/15/10 ph 5.8 ppm 230 little less then half strength on the nutes
    9/20/10 ph 6.0 ppm 300 tiny bit more then half strength
    9/25/10 ph 6.2 ppm 20(just tap water ph down'd)
    9/28/10 decided to flush two(flush water ph 6.3-6.4 ppm 20) and give them 1/4 strength nutes and give other two 1/4 strength nutes 6.3 ppm 160 (1/4 strength from the canna guide)

picture time
    1st picture all of them 2nd front left 3rd front right 4th back left 5th back right 6th a side shot of the back right
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front left and back right were the ones i flushed and gave 1/4 strength nutes

thanks for any help
    layzee

2. bump.. anyone got any ideas?

3. your water has chlorine in it have you been letting it set out over night
    if not you should and if your in soil less mix ph should always be 5.8
    and have you checked the runoff and your plants look like they have
    a mag def use some Epsom salt 1/4-1/2 tbs per gallon of water
    that should help

4. Your runoff should be 6.5.
    If your runoff is significantly over 7 then your N (and P) are locked out.
    Your nutes are a low on the N side IMHO.

I think it looks like N def myself..

5. he,s plants are in a soil less mix so 6.5 is to high
    5.6-6.0

6. i do let the water sit out for about a day but chloramine doesn't evaporate. the lady at the hydro store said she grows fine with it so i don't know if she was wrong or what.

as for the roots organics soil ph being 7.0 is that way wrong i was reading lock out ph's and it didn't look like anything got locked out at 7.0

Oh i messed up #17 it's supposed to be (edited it in post to read this to) 17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph? 6.2-6.3 and the run off has always been 6.9-7.0 ph