HELP! Leaves cupping and curling upwards!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by smithcode, Dec 9, 2011.

1. So I have no clue what is going on right now the temp and humidity are good and I am using CFL lights probably bout 10 inches away from the lights... it wasnt doing this before but the new leaves that are growing in are starting to make a cup shape and slightly curl at the tips... I will add pictures just so you guys can have an idea of what it looks like and what it may be! help me! thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. oh dont mind that little missing chunk on that one leaf... accident!

3. I have no clue whats wrong with your plant but it looks good to me. Not every leaf is gonna look perfect.

4. hmm i was wondering what the cupping was all about and the tip is slightly brown and curled is that normal?

5. Looks to me like she has a lil too much light.
    im sure the new growth just has to acclimate to the grow conditions.
    She'll adapt and be fine.
    Not all strains act alike. Some can handle WAAAAAAAY more stress than others.
    Good luck

6. you think I should keep it the way it is or should i raise the light a bit???

7. ah i believe in tough love.
    leave it she'll be fine.
    after a few grows you get a lil numb to things like that lol

8. i guess ill leave it the way it is for now and ill keep an update! thanks for the input!

9. How long does it take to grow a plant anyway?

10. [quote name='"Delluhsion"']How long does it take to grow a plant anyway?[/quote]

Depends. If you have a controlled situation you can keep a plant in veg forever.

Or it can be as little as 10 weeks or so.

I like to veg mine for about 2 - 3 months. Before i flower (8-10 weeks). I like to get somewhere around half a pound of dry finished product a month.

11. So here are some new pictures of the leaves that were starting to cup... any ideas on what is happening... the humidity is sitting at 40 right now sometimes drops low but i mist around the plant and what not... im stumped!

Attached Files:

12. anyoneee???

13. Do you know your pH?

What kind of fertilizers are you using and how much?

How often do you water?

14. What is the temperature in the area of the plant? Looks like heat stress.

And unlike the previous poster, I always pay importance to when a plant looks sick. You wouldn't grow numb about your kid getting sick would you? Now you have a plant that has some serious burn.

15. Watch them at different times during the lighting period. They are probably flat in the beginning of cycle and cup as the "day" goes on. Looks like heat stress.

16. [quote name='"aceguitar"']Watch them at different times during the lighting period. They are probably flat in the beginning of cycle and cup as the "day" goes on. Looks like heat stress. Move the light up a bit.

17. looks like mag def , heat stress , or the leafs are trying to dissipate water but they can't do to lockout. how much are u feeding her\? what medium?

18. temp is 78 and humidity is 51 as of right now... im using miracle gro and watering when top of soil is dry about 1" dry... ph unknown

19. try not using the mg for a few waterings

20. the soil im using is miracle gro and im just using water that has sat out for a couple days in open air no in water food