Help Keeping Temps Down

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by durkadurka555, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I need some alternatives to help keeping my temps down. I was looking at foggers that float in water and produce fog and cool the temps, but this wont be an option because my humidity is a little high. My price range is about 100 bucks or so. Dont say I need a new exhaust fan because I have a 435cfm and its only for a 45cubic foot closet. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. what about a small AC unit?

3. Those run in atleast the 200 or 300 dollar range

4. #4 purplegrass, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    u could probably use one of these add nettings to both ends plug it on and blow some fresh air into that room. u could purchase it at homedepot for 40.00. their only 8 inches so u could stick them newhere u like
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Freeze a huge block of ice in your freezer, and put it in the room. :smoke:

6. wow.............

would NEVER have thought of solving the problem like that.
    amazed. but everyday you would have to do this.

7. i like the ice idea!

8. never thought about ice;)
    a small ac unit is another way.

9. If your exhaust is not doing the trick how about adding a second in-line fan on the in-take?

My gardens use both exhaust and intake fans to maintain temp.

....Personally I think the ice and fogger idea's are likely to create more problems than they solve.

10. what if for the ice way you froze a 2 litter bottle with water allowing some room for it to expand.. then put it into your grow area with the cap off... it would radiate cool air for nearly all day i would think..

11. Wow I don't grow or anything but to me that ice idea sounds fuckn genious, seeing how you can just reuse it, and have like 3 blocks and keep 2 in the freezer and change them out like 2 times a day or something..

I dunno if that would work but if it does it would be a great idea..

12. Ok lets take it a step farther... Find some bulk dry ice and set some blocks in your closet. Now you have a cool room with a CO2 enriched atmosphere.

You will just have to find someone to enrich your wallet after buying all that ice.:D

13. haha i like my soda bottle thing.. i think i might actually even try it!

14. keep rotating 2-5 bottles and u r good

15. Funny thing is that I tried this before anyone recommended it but it melts too fast.

16. any other ideas besides ice

17. hmm.. ice, A/C unit, or more intake/exhaust fans is about all my ideas

18. where is your intake coming from? if its from the outside, you could consider moving the source of air, or do the opposite.

dont know if thats clear.
    basically im sayin to try to switch up your air intake source.