HELP! Just started Flowering under Veg 24 hour light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xternal123, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hey guys i'm about 4 weeks into vegging it's under 24 hr light right now and I just noticed little buds with pistils forming on some of the lower branches... it's almost 2 ft tall in veg...should I just start doing 12-12 now at this point? or try put it back in veg for another week like I had planned...? Does it look too small for to start flowering indoors?

Attached Pics coming soon.

2. Sounds to me like ruderalis genes to me. If its 2 feet tall I would go ahead and flower.

3. updated with pics

Attached Files:

4. I would LST it and go to 12/12

5. Your plant is NOT flowering.

6. I could'nt tell from the picture but some varieties can triple of quadruple during flower if given enough light. Not a bad idea @dalars, tie those two main stems over and you'll get more heavy bud sites. I generally grow rooted clones straight to flower but If I were just growing 1 or two whole plants I think I would tie it down.

7. Take better pictures. The first pic shows new growth, not buds.

8. I know you cant really tell from the shot but there are calyxes starting form with the stigma's (hairs) coming out.... whats it doing if not flowering?

9. From what I can see it's just shooting new growth. I can't see any pistils.

10. Your plant is pre-flowering. This happens to all cannabis. A lot of people don't wait this long to tell the sex of their plants but some do. Most preffer to take a cutting, root it, then flower.

You'll be fine if you want to continue to veg it will not fully flower until you induce it's photo period with 12 hours of light and 12 hour of darkness which mimics the fall time.

This hyperlink will take you to a site that will explain in farther detail what pre-flowering is. It specifically say pre-flowering most commonly occurs during the 4th week of vegetative growth. So don't worry you don't have a ruderalis.

The Flowering Phase of the Marijuana Plant

11. Thanks for the hyper link! Sounds like whats happening to my plant. I just got a timer set up and it's on 12/12. First grow, just wanted to see how the home grown aspect goes.