Help -its a boy????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hopeitworks, Dec 11, 2006.

1. I just want to make absolutely sure this is definately a boy before I kill it. Damn, its my best plant too!!! Please let me know what you think and dont shout at me - its my first grow!

Attached Files:

2. sorry dewd, that looks male to me, get it out of there quick!

3. If it's your best plant, why kill it? If you have a veg area, keep a bonsai daddy and breed with it!

-mu

4. Thanks for your replies guys, I have just been and taken it out:devious: (sob, sob!). I only have the one veg area and there are another 5 plants in there so I cant do anything with it except kill it. Thanks for helping me and lets hope the others are ladies!!

5. If you do your flowering somewhere else, there was no need to kill the male. It's only in flowering that males are dangerous. Oh well, too late.

-mu

6. I've been cutting those guys down all weekend. Just get rid of it.:smoking:

7. fret not, my friend! I just doused my male too! Oh well, better luck next time i guess... ot 2 new sprouts working now. maybe this time a female will rear her pretty head. good luck!

8. Thanks Guys! OUt of the other five that are there, day 11 of flowering and 4 are showing to be girls - wicked!!!!!!!! The fifth one, aint showing anything just yet. Oh well, just wait and see.

9. nice, im on day 13 flowering, and my 1 is showin female, and my other plant isn't showing shit yet...

good job on gettin some girls :hello: :wave: :hello:

10. Usually males show first, so that's a good sign.

-mu

11. Hopeitworks = Thanks for asking your question and showing pix. I now know just in time, that i too have a male. The pix in the sexing thread just do not look the same and this saved me a ruined crop. Thanks man!!!

Reb

[​IMG]

12. Rblspooge - youre welcome! I'm glad it helped you but sorry you got a male. May everything else be ladies!!!!!!!!!!!:D

13. Thanks man, yes the remaining ones are women:hello:

14. Hi If, like me, you are growing to smoke you're produce and have no interest in pollenation why not use femminised seeds. A bit more expensive to buy but no space and time is ever wasted.

15. Hi Sad Old Hippie - Thanks for your comments, luckily I did plant feminised seeds for the rest of my grow. The one male that was in there that the pictures are of was from a couple of seeds that were given to me and it was the only one that lived from those seeds and it grew really well too!
    The other five that are there are from some feminised seeds that I bought and all five have turned out to be ladies. Although after I'd bought them I read on another forum that feminised seeds were really delicate and that it wouldnt take much in the way of stress to turn them male and they reckoned not a good choice for beginners. Well, you couldnt get more of a 'beginner' grower than me - but I have had no trouble with them and like I said, all five are girls:hello: .
    Has anyone else ever heard that feminised seeds can be a problem to grow successfully - or was I just reading a crap forum?!!!!!!!!!

16. Hi hopeitworks. I'me near compleation of my second grow and my third is three weeks old now. I have come to the conclusion the hardest part of growing you're own is sorting through some of the crap advice thats available on the internet. Thankfully this forum is head and shoulders above any of the others I have visited.