Help if you can

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by texmob, Jan 10, 2009.

1. I hate to post a thread that might have been easily solved by more research, but I have done enough searching and i just want to see what people have to say.

So my plant has been looking good for the most part and then about 2 days ago it started to wilt and the smaller leafs closer to the base would turn brownish/yellow and die off. I figured it was a deficiency of some sort so i got new plant food and changed up the light cycle a little and im still a little worried.

If their is anything anyone has to say it would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Attached Files:

2. Wilt is usually from under or over watering.
    Second would be under lit. No other reasons for big droop like that.

3. #4 djbenzo405, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
    actually..you can not have enough room in your pots for roots

Root-bound is where the roots of your plant outgrow the container they are contained in.

The following symptoms may be observed if you allow your plants to become root-bound:
    Stunted Growth.
    Stretching.
    Smaller and slower bud production.
    Needs watering too often.
    Easy to burn with low % nutrient solution mixtures.
    Wilting, starting from the bottom and working its way up

*for every foot your plant is, your pot needs a gallon of soil approximately, if that makes sense. if you have a four foot tall plant..you want probably a five gallon bucket or more for flowering*

4. #5 H3mp~, Jan 12, 2009

I don't understand how that is relevant to this situation. The plant looks nothing like a root bound plant. All of my plants that need bigger containers tended to assume the look of a nute def. The dudes plant is more than likely either under or over watered, just as said before.

Also, if you click on my journal in my sig you will see several plants that are a foot tall in 8 oz containers of soil. It is very possible to grow with little dirt, but it takes experience and great patience. I only graze the surface of the art.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand where you're coming from with your comment. Can you explain it for me?

:confused::confused::confused:

5. #6 TrichyTree, Jan 12, 2009
    No nutrient uptake with being root-bound :smoke: Is a strong possibilty.

6. Once again, I don't see how root-bound is being brought into the situation. The only signs of a nute def that can be attributed to being root bound are the small amount of discolored leaves which appear to be dying naturally with age.

7. I got nothing else.

8. It could also be due to a lack of oxygen to the root ball. If that soiil is compacted down (looks a lot like bark??) when watering it won't get to the root ball thus dry out and provide o2.

I was thinking more like rootbound too. Seeing as the OP has what appears to be an otherwise healthy plant, i find it hard to believe he's overwatering it NOW....

9. #10 texmob, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    The soil isn't to compacted. Know the plant is starting to turn really dark green and the leafs still have allot of moisture in them, but they seem to be shriveling up more and more.

and i've moved the lights about 10" above the plant instead of on the sides

10. i just noticed you have these nice big pots..maybe 3/4ths the way with soil..
    just saying my plants i got from a friend were in small pots when i got them they were dying..
    i repotted them and now they are fine..good luck though!

11. yah i just recently moved it into the bigger pot. Still no good. I guess some trial and error is what's gonna have to go down.

12. If none of these ideals work try giving your baby a good flush you might have salt build up.Also is your area well vrnted they need just as much fresh air as we do.If you wouldnt live in the space neather should your baby.Hope it works out

13. It's probably a 8' x 4' closet and i keep a fan on 24/7