HELP!! I want to quit cigs

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MastahDreads, Jan 31, 2013.

1. I want to quit smoking cigarettes but I seem to come back after a day or two saying I'll only smoke one or two but smoke more. Tips?

2. That's nice. Doesn't help me much though.

3. Uhhh.. Stop smoking them and deal with the shit feeling for a couple weeks?

Day four sucks ass but I usually feel better around day 6-7. You just gotta do something else man, get your mind off the cigarettes

4. What kind of stuff did you do?

5. It comes down to a decision. The underlying implications of that decision depend on whether or not you are ready to give them up. If you are not ready, you will continue to fail. It is only when you are ready to commit to your decision, I mean really commit, are you going to be able to succeed.

There is no magical formula. It is all up to you. Do it or don't.

6. He's absolutely right, cigarettes are a unessecary crutch in your life. A crutch is something that does 'work' for you, thus making you weaker in the process.

Throw away the crutch and your gonna be on one leg screaming what the fuck but hey, that's just your workload increasing.

7. ^ exactly.

You just need to make the decision to quit. If you're not committed you'll start up again.

I quit for 8 months...started smoking again when I was drunk. Got back into them on the regular. Just quit again. 2 days cigarette free now and I can tell already I'm dedicated enough that I have the will power to not smoke. After about a month of not smoking whatsoever, the urge to smoke decreases tremendously. It's smooth sailing from there as long as you don't fuck up and say you'll "just have one".

You have to stop completely or usually it's back to day 1 and you have to start all over again.

8. Video games. Weed. Food.

9. don't buy them, at ~$5 a pack, it adds up. spend that hard earned money on weed instead :D

10. Many people love smoking cigs when they're high but I'm the opposite. The thought of smoking (and the thought that I do smoke cigs) disgusts me when I'm lit. I smoke cigs when I'm out of bud, but if I have bud i won't touch them. Whenever I craved a cig I would just smoke some bud instead and the craving would subside. I found that weed helped me quit. But everyone is different

11. stop smoking tell your mind that. Addiction is not only physical it is mental. You are strong willed. You can do this

12. You need to use willpower until the neural pathways of nicotine addiction are weakened which happens by abstaining from smoking...

13. correct. If I were you I would try taking a complete week off from smoking of all sorts. E cigs help people, I smoke cigs because I enjoy smoking I enjoy watching clouds come out of my lungs. E cigs are safer alternatives and I find your body wants nicotine to stabalize its self between the feelings, its like that last piece of homeade pie that's made once a year, do you absolutely have to eat it? No you could say screw it I don't want it and eat dried fruit. its sooooo bomb. If you need more insight or support ill be there for ya. ;)

14. You have to want to quit, it's my problem. The only reason I have for quitting is price and health effects but I enjoy it so I always give back in.

15. I love smoking cigs too but I just HATE the feeling of being addicted to something. Being dependent on a substance really is a terrible feeling...

16. Yeah I'm a miserable fuck when I don't have them either.

17. You should look up dohka, it's dried tobacco for Suadi Arabi, I have heard a couple stories about people replacing that with cigarettes. Plus it's non-addictive. Or E-cigs are what my mom used, I don't like them as much since they haven't been tested properly by anyone really. Good luck with your quitting :)

18. Just keep smoking less and less per day for a few weeks. Smoke more weed that should help with the cravings.

19. i tried recently to quit cigs...i was doing pretty good but when i ran out of weed i fell back into the habit