Help, I can't seem to use a handheld microscope

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ProfessorKhaos1337, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hello, thanks for taking the time for reading my thread. I have two different handheld microscopes to check for ripeness but can't focus on anything and my eyelashes always get in the way making me not be able to see shit. I got a 10x macro lens but I can't really tell if the trichrome's have started to ripen. Any advice on how long till harvest of these two plants.

Attached Files:

2. Do you have any binoculars? Surprisingly, they work pretty well when you look through them backwards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I do I will try that tonight

4. 30x or stronger to focus on trichs. Based on these pictures I'd guess 2-3 weeks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks I guess I will have to get a better lens for my camera. those handheld scopes are so tough to use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HAHAHA yeah i did... not when I first turned it on because, since it's clear, I hadn't noticed it. But it was obvious as soon as the pic came up.

Not sure what you meant after that? What OS? I have both Win 7 and OSX, tried both. On the win7 I used the latest AMCap, as well as the one on the disk, on OSX, the native image capture software. I played with several settings and the endoscope itself, but no joy... can you show me a pic you took with it? maybe I just didn't play with it enough yet (pretty awesome we have the same one though :))

7. Just snapped this one. Week 7 of flower Bubba kush.

I purchased a USB to mini usb. Using an galaxy s6. Maybe phones have quality pixles?

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that looks better than mine, same magnification, better res... I'll keep playing with it, thanks :)

9. Yes you do. I will test to see if I can use it with mt phone using a small cheap usb to micro usb adapter (which does work for using a mouse) but I doubt it, since you prob need the lights to get a clear pic, and they might not get the power. I used it by clipping a bud (you could pull a single leaf or calyx) and bringing that to my desk.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Okay let me know how the phone works. Thank you for your advice

11. So using my phone with On-the-Go support and this

It worked... I had trouble finding an app that wasn't crap, but CameraFi seems to work ok on the Android... only app or program I found so far that had settings for gamma/contrast etc.. which was nice because I feel that's where my image problems may be coming from.. (or I got a bad scope, but too late now, it was fine for what I was using it for before, never noticed this issue)... and there were a lot I didn't test.

You are also going to have a hard (impossible?) time holding the scope steady... this is true even when using it on a table etc, because the base is very light, and at that level every little shake is huge... i had to make a few minor adjustments/additions to make it more steady.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome thank you so much I think that's a big part of my issue is not being able to hold it steady

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think with a little ingenuity something could be worked out... like a diy longer arm/stand... i got past that ok for just using it on the table.. so i believe! ;-)

14. ok so in fact I just tried this: took off the whole base part, put the endoscope on a clamp lamp, replacing the lamp part, and since my grow is small I was able to get a good place right on the box to clamp it to... it worked great... in terms of steadiness... still a little odd because it moves when you focus it, so when you let go it winds up out of focus sometimes... a problem i already had but also can be compensated for (either move the scope around to find stuff that is in focus, or just getting better at focusing it).