Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP I am becoming immune to weed!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HydroponiCronic, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Lol, not really, but I say it to my friends all the time. "Man, I just cannot get high like I used to." I have not even been a regular smoker for 2 years, more so in the past 6 months to a year. I started smoking cheap regs with the occasional bag of chronic. Man, I remeber when I used to get home from work, spark up a bowl of middies and just get retarded. When I came to school I realizied that around here no one even talks about middies or regs, all anyone smokes is chronic, $50-$60 and eighth and we smoke a ton of it. I am pretty much a daily smoker, and alot of days we will cash a bag a day, it gets expensive. Anyway, I just feel dissatisfied lately, it seems like I have to smoke more and more to get high. I have heard that if you quit for 7 days your cannabinoid receptors will completely regenerate and you will get high "like the first time." I have tried it, and it was hard as hell, yes it was better, but I didnt get THAT high.

What are all of your thoughts on this issue?

James

2. gotta slow down a bit thats all take a few days off

3. well, I havnt smoked for 4 months, and its gonna be a bit less than another month before I can smoke.

come march 2, im pretty sure I'll smoke myself to clinical retardation. no signs of past tolerance, whatsoever.

basically, im sayin it takes time. certainly more than a week, but not quite 5 months either. I'd say that if you are average build/weight/height, you could get down to 0 tolerance mebbe a few days short of a month.

4. Also, if you're active.. like you exercise.. your tolerance will go down faster... I run everyday and drink a shitload of water, if i take a week break it will be almost like i have zero tolerance

5. Well you got past the noob high. Your high eventually changes and you sort of start to get the regular pot-head high. Sure you don't get blasted anymore and I eventualy just stop trying to reach that level every night and only do it once every two weeks or so.

I personaly don't mind how my body deals with weed right now, I can smoke a bowl and be fine in an hour to do college work. Insted of smoking a bowl and being fucked for hours before hand smoking was basicly saying ok I am done doing important shit for the night. Now i can smoke a bowl if i want and then once i come down in an hour or so to the point of being able to work and get some more work done.

6. ^^ Could'nt have said it better.

7. I doubt whatever break u take you'll b able to get as high as the first time... loved that feeling

8. Slow down on the amount your smoking dude.. It's a fairly obvious answer tbh.

Your body will adapt in certain ways to the thc, and it becomes less potent, and your stone will heavily decrease.

So in order to maintain a good high, don't smoke as much and give your body a chance to clear out the used thc. On that note tho. If you smoke more potent tweed containing a higher level of it then obviously your stone will be increased.

Let us know how that turns out..:smoking:

9. The same thing happened to me lately, I'm a pretty regular smoker to deal with my anxiety but after awhile I thought I was getting crap weed because my tolerance went WAY up! Well I cut back on my greeny in-take and I feel sort of.. refreshed? It's like I just needed to try to wake my body up for a few days.

Oh! Also, drinking lots of water will help keep your system flushed and receptive!

10. ive had that problem, where what ever i smoked i just didnt get that high, mind u i was also smoke reg but this was b4 i smoked nugs all the time.
    and i took a year break once and when i started again i got damn high but still not as high as when i was a first time smoker, man i miss those days, eighers would last a whole week if not more, of reg, now im lucky to have a bag a reg last a whole day

11. You need to take a break.

When you smoke, If you smoke a lot then cannabinoid receptors in your brain start turning off to maintain a more normal high. When you take a break, your body cleans out and and begins to turn those receptors back on. Then, if you kinda limit your intake, you can still get blasted without having receptors cut back off as fast. I was reading a medical paper a while ago about how people who smoke less are able to get higher. You can still smoke regularly (every day), but don't smoke more than you need to get good and you're tolerance will stay lower.

Don't get me wrong, I love rolling up a blunt of some heads, but I can always tell my pot consumption goes up for the next week after.

So take a break and clean out for a couple weeks. Then, start taking care of your body. Drink eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. That's the proper amount to keep your metabolism and other biofunctions working well, which will help you expel old cannabinoids from your body. Work out and eat right too (for the most part). This will help you keep turning your fat stores over in your body so that cannabinoids can be cleaned out quicker and will give your body and easier time resetting itself. Just by living healthy, you can severely cut how fast your tolerance builds up.

12. Its weird. I smoke every day but sometimes I can get higher than other times. I think variety as well as taking it a bit easier on how often you smoke would suit your needs. I will smoke out of different pieces and mix in joints to give my smoking a bit more variety. I still get blasted out of my mind every time I smoke with the roor. So if you maybe smoke 2 days on and 1 off along with change up how you are smoking (joints/blunts/bong/cooking) you would see a difference in the kind of highs you get. And naturally taking a week break every few months never hurts anything. Heck, doing it once a month wouldn't hurt your cause.

Its hard for me to say much on this because I don't just smoke a bowl and walk away, I will smoke all night. I may only smoke half a joint then every 15 - 20 minutes I will take a hit from it or maybe another piece. I get pretty blazed every day still. :)

13. Chronic sucks

14. :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

Ha this kids mad because he don't get chronic...wait I forgot swags better!

15. Take a bigger brake and soon the THC is gone from ur body.
    U will get high again..:)

16. i don't like when people complain about tolerance... what do you expect to happen when you smoke daily, even a few times daily? i smoke 3-4 times a day, and have for the past 2 years, and although my tolerance is high, i still love just getting stoned. a few bong rips and i can be satisfied for 1.5-2 hours... and i love it. i can still think almost completely straight, but i'm pretty stoned. only on weekends do i pump it up to like... really stoned. i love everything about weed... and i don't always smoke it just for the sake of being fucked up... it's become a part of my life and i must say... a part of my life that i love. i'm sorry if i offended anyone with my opening statement to this post, it just really gets to me when people complain about how much weed it takes to get them high. if you don't like it, then don't smoke so much. also, if you wanna speed up the rate at which your tolerance to THC goes down, then drink a lot of water, partake in some physical activity, and find some food/drink with niacin in it, lol. i just found out today that Peanut M&Ms contain niacin... haha. i was stoned, and i started reading the label.

17. im in the same position. I used to be able to smoke like a bowl with my friends at night and be blazed for a couple hours (2) and now its like.. i smoke a full bowl to myself in one hit, leaves me floatin for like 45 hard minutes, then maybe 20 more minutes of semi-high.