Help! Hydro problems!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shed hydro, Aug 3, 2020.

1. #1 Shed hydro, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    First of all thanks for expecting my add to the forum!!!!

Now to business.. I’m a learning grower and have come into a bit of trouble I’m hoping someone with experience can help me with? I’m at week 4 of grow (from clone. Clone was big) and I’m really struggling with putting my finger on the problem hear! I’m thinking a nutrient deficiency of some kind??? First signs where the very tips of new growth turning yellow or white but is now more spread there my girls. Please have a look at the pics and any advice will
    Coco with clay ball mix, ROCK nuts,week 4, 1400ppm, ph5.5-6.2, heat av 18 degrees Celsius at night and 27-30 when lights on, potential red spider mite but haven't seen them yet ( have had trouble in past) have sprayed, no other bugs, have follar sprayed.. (light obsorb, plus mite sprays of all sorts.
    4 600 watt hps on top 4 400 watt hps on bottom
    50l pots
    Be appreciated hugely!
    Thanks to all!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. When asking for diagnosis please post white light pictures. Kill the HPS for a minute and take a flash photo so we can see the actual colors in question.

BNW

3. Thanks will now!

4. When posting your sick plants questions

^^^here ya go^^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hydro you say. What's your PH been like going in and out?

BL

6. Ph in around the 5.7 range, I haven't checked the run off will do tomorrow.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

7. Ph in around the 5.7 range, I haven't checked the run off will do tomorrow.
    Thanks

8. Check your PPMs on the runoff too.

What nutes are you using?

BL

9. Looks like a PH problem

10. Looks like too much food and/or light, giving you severe nute and/or light burn.
    Back ppm off to 450, get pH to 6.0, and raise lights to 36 inches.
    Even if this is wrong, a few days of it won't hurt anything.
    If it's correct, your plants will slowly regain health, but the damaged leaves won't recover.
    I've got some dwc autos that 500 ppm is a bit too much for.
    Over-feeding is the most common hydro problem, with wrong pH next, and they can lead to elemental lockouts that are mistaken for deficiencies.

Too little food and light lead to slightly reduced yield.
    Too much lead to injury, bad health, and reduced yield of lower quality stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nut
    Nutes are rock puss a few additives. Iv used them for a couple years and never had a problem. This is a new grow area also. ​

12. So today's ph going in is 6.3 and coming out is 6.1??? That is after a huge flush.
    Iv just dropped ph back to 5.7

As for Nutes I'm using rock star a/b
    Super thrive
    Root tonik
    Mammoth

Thanks champ

13. Thanks mate,
    I have ran with this strain before just not in the new tent, I have always ran 1200-1400ppm in grow and up-to 1700 in flower. Never had problems. So I have dropped ppm to 800 do u think i should drop it more? I also turned my bottom lights off and raidsed the top lights. I flushed like crazy and am hoping this helps in some way.
    Thanks heaps champ!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’ll bet it’s light bleaching with all that light

15. Thanks mate i have turned the bottom lights off now. So my tent is 3x3metres and I had the 4x 600hps on top and 4x 400hps on bottom. My mate has the same amount of lights in his 2.5m x 2.5m and he has happy plants. How much light would u recommend in my tent?
    Thanks