Help high humidity.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Inspiration420, Jan 9, 2020.

1. I live in a very humid environment. The humidity outside this time of the year is almost always above 60%. This whole day its been around 90% and no it's not raining or snowing. This makes keeping the humidity down inside very challenging. I have a closet grow in my room. And one night i decided to close the door while I slept. When I woke up I thought my roof was leaking because the drywall had gotten wet from the humidity. I also could have sworn I seen rain clouds forming in my room. (Just kidding about the clouds.) The grow room itself doesn't have much room for a dehumidifier I bought a small cheap dehumidify but it isn't nearly effective enough. I really don't want to buy an expensive dehumidifier, use up more electricity or make more noise. And any dehumidify that would actually work won't fit inside the grow room. But it could be used outside of my closet. I don't want to do this though because I set up my grow to be super quiet and I like to sleep. Any suggestions on what I should do? I'm sending them into flower today and I'm worried about bud rot.

2. How many consecutive days have you run the little dehumidifier for.

3. I haven't run it at all this grow but my last grow i ran it all through flowering. It only brought the humidity down maybe 8%. But this grow is a lot bushier compact and more prone to bud rot.

4. Following. Just sent my girls into flower, battling 90% humidity myself . Dehumidifier doesn't seem like an option in this dank dank room

5. hhmm ive used small ones before and usually they need a couple days to really make diff but yours is only bringing it down 8% which is concerning. I think if you have not yet already get some fans and run them 24/7 dont give any airbourne diseases pathogens chance to settle also abit of defol will help you too if there bushy thin them out abit

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Do you have an extractor fan?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have 1 pc fan moving air across the top of the canopy right now. I could set up another underneath the canopy too. I lolloped them and defoliated a bunch but these are some really bushy plants. I have a 6inch vortex fan and a carbon filter. The intake also has a carbon pre-filter. I have a quantum board so i have to run my fan at about 40% speed to keep temps in the 70s. But its a pretty small grow area so the air exchange is still pretty good.

8. i know multiple fans make a BIG difference for high humidity grows but i dont know how your going to be able to bring that RH down buddy you got everything you need to grow nice plants apart from humidity control :/

9. Higher extraction. More fans. Lots of air movement!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Get some moisture absorbers n put them in the room not in tent.. 1591166230165.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Get the large damp rid brand. The big one made for a boat or camper. Will drop it significantly

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1
  12. With my setup when humidty gets high I turn off the intake fan and keep the extraction fan on full (could be fire risk if the plasic sheet comes off the wall )
    but this will really drop the humidity
    Also lollipop the canopy will really help on bushy plants

• Like Like x 1
  13. This is what I use. I put it in my grow room not the grow area with the plant and after a full day it went from 85+% RH to 45-65% depending on the weather outside. Or if I’m blasting the a/c unit.

IMG_0592.JPG

KEEP IT FROSTY ☃️

• Like Like x 1