HELP HELP HELP 3 weeks in flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by General7895, Jul 13, 2011.

1. #1 General7895, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    I have 2 bag seeds in 5 gallon smart pots with pro-BX soil, watering PH 6.4 to 6.8 checked with a pen. 2x 150 HPS and 2 42w CFLS.
    2x home made Co2 water/sugar/yeast/ Generators.
    Rusty spots on old fan leafs on one plant the other has a lot of purple stems.
    water every 5 to 7 days with 1/4 FF trio nutes 2 watering contained Cal/mag including the last watering.
    WTF Also any other all advicewould be great
    I also forgot to mention i havn't gotten run off PH yet because I have put 2 gallons of water on them and nothing comes out the bottom of the smart pots How much F'n water do I need to get run off?

Attached Files:

2. What is your ec readig? as you may have given them too much fer

3. EC? What is that? I can't perhaps a flush then? should I need to get flushing solution?

4. ec meter tells you how high the fert level is in your feed/run off is , i would flush to be safe

5. water should be fine

6. oh yeah don't have one of those I didn't have the $cratch and I can't get run off i pored 2 gallons into each 5 gal smart pot and i got no run off so I am have to figure out how i am going to clean this much city water to do a flush?
    PS this is my second try at this.

7. looks like over feed you will have to flush what soil are you useing?

8. Premier Pro-Mix BX. The smart pots don't seem to drain well, any ideas on that?

9. Where'd ya get those 150watt hps? And what did they run you? I you don't mind me asking

10. No problem Kingpin, HTG has them for like 70 a piece. They have cheaper ones like 60.00 but these seemed worth the extra 10 bucks a piece. I really like them if you staying small. If i expand later on down the road they could be hand for supplemental lighting perhaps. this is just my limited educated opinion. This is only my second try.
    Sorry www.htgsupply.com

11. How are temps in you chamber with both those hps running? Are you ballast's attached to the back or located outside your chamber? I see in the pic two small fans. Is that the only circulation for that chamber? Sorry bout all the questions, after this cfl grow gets chopped I def want to look into new lighting. Hopefully if all goes well DAC is my next step

12. If the pot is 5gal and you only pour 2gal in how do you call that a flush, let alone exspect any run off its a 5gal pot? Just saying;)

13. #13 dirtykingpin713, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This^

14. I have 5 gal. smart pots. I used to have a 5 gal plastic pot.
    2 gallon of water in the plastic pot would create like 1 gallon of run off.
    In the Smart pots however I don't get any run off out of the smart pot even when i use 2 gallons of water.
    i am asking if smart pots are known to retain more water and if any one else has had this problem.
    As fir the flush i need 2-3 times the amount of water as pot size yes?
    2x 5 Gallon pots= 30 gallons of flush water. yes?

15. Kingpin the temps run high its been too damn hot this year. With windows open its 75-92 with the AC on it is 75-80. These two HPS lights and are not hotter than when i ran 8x 42w CFL's those puppys put off some heat. As for the ballast they are inside the grated portion of the light (one of the reason I like this light) also the fixture is closed off with glass. Fans help move air I also have a fan in my window that can blow in or out and that is ducted to the tent.
    I am very new and am learning a lot, my first try was cfls and i am very happy i got HPS.
    With that said, as far as temps go, people squawk about how you have to have temps so close to perfect blah bah blah, Bull SHit this plant grows in hot climate i have been to the emerald triangle and it was hotter than rhino ass. so i don't worry too much about it. It also originates from Afghanistan and they don't have a thriving ski industry either (for the picky people it does snow there).

16. I run my lights at night so i dont have day time heat + hps heat helps keep temp down

17. See I don't worry to much about my temps either as long as they stay below 95. Mine have thrived just fine even with the excess heat but it's consistent so I think they don't really mind. I'm running 6 cfls in veg right now and temps sometimes graze 100 if I turn off my large fan. I use a box fan mounted to the roof hanging down to pull out the hot air and then one desk fan for circulation. When they get older I will be able to use my larger circulation fan whoop whoop

18. #18 Orlandotrees, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    We are taking about flushing your plants correct, im not taking about how much you use to feed your plants, if you want to properly flush use the amount of water that the containet is with ROwater op, and yes when dealing with larger pots or bag it can be alot of water! Good luck, and im sure theyll pull through for you:D

19. Yeah I go with the flush as well. It looks to me like you've got nutrient deficiencies there, not from putting too little nuts in but from salt build up due to the poor drainage in your pots. The salt build up is locking out other nutrients.