Help Grasscity!

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Chronikal, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, IGotTheCottons just had to massacre the Recreational Marijuana subforum, there were that many off-topic threads in the wrong place. So why does this keep happening?

Are some members not aware of the rules/guidelines or do they just not care? And what can us blades do to ensure the maintenance of a well-structured, tidy and generally pleasent forum? I know I\'m not the most senior member, but I still care.

It surely can\'t just be left up to the mods to clear up after our mess, I see that as a last resort - not a solution.

Sorry for bringing it up without any real constructive ideas of my own but I\'m just a little :smoking:
    and maybe I\'ll think some more another time...

2. The only thing you can do is report the threads, alot of people are just too lazy to read the rules, it sucks the mods have to continuously delete threads due to people who don\'t care.

3. It\'s both. Some are too lazy to read the rules and the rest just don\'t care. Rec MJ Use is the forum at the top and scrolling down is just too hard! [​IMG]

All we ask of our fellow blades is to follow the rules and post their threads in the correct places. It\'s really not difficult. :)

4. .....

whitewarrior pretty much summed it up... Report the threads, and try to remind people to post in the correct places. Thank you for your concern, and your eagerness to help the city. We need more blades like you.

5. in my opinion the \"chill out zone\" section should be at the top, it is the largest section and the most relevant and it would decrease alot of misplaced posts & increase the popularity of the humor/music/spiritual&philosphy sections etc.

+ the second thing in that part is the section where blades who are new to the site post and introduce themselves -- it just makes more sense to have that at the top of the forum.

6. I agree, the forum needs to be organized better. That way it will be easier to keep things in order and people posting in the right forums.

7. People just need to read the forum descriptions... It\'s really not that difficult...

8. Well, too me, Cottons is doing an awesome job. Sometimes, even the most chillest places need just a touch of authority.

And we were straying off topic in that forum. Well, I know I was. Hooray for mods!

(Random, positive, blazed post.)

9. While I agree that people need to read the rules, theres a point where the way things are organized becomes counter productive. While i\'m not trying to make excuses, lets be real. This is a forum where 95% of the users are... stoned.

10. Oh yeah, thats the image we want everyone to have. We all smoke weed and we\'re all so lazy that we can\'t even scroll down a few inches to find the right section...?

11. dude, thats not what i\'m trying to get at. I\'m saying its counter-productive to keep deleting threads a million times a day when some simple re-organizing would solve the problem 9/10 times. vBulletin isn\'t rocket science. Also, zalzal, thats not the image i\'m trying to paint, its the image thats already on the drawing board. Either way its a lost cause on my part I think. I know how the mods feel about it so i\'m just gonna stop here. ... .

12. Pretty much. I have no difficulties scrolling down to post in the correct sections when I\'m stoned. If you can\'t manage to do simple tasks, then maybe you\'re too stoned to be posting, imho.

13. its just the way things are and its always going to be like that.
    please take my post into consideration, i think it will help the city considerably.

thanks

14. Ahahaha... I made a post and then realized my point had already been made.

Anyways, besides the issue of where Rec MJ use is placed, there\'s also the issue of the name. \"Recreational Marijuana Use\" seems to imply that it\'s a forum all about the recreational usage of marijuana, not just the methods of smoking it. Some people just don\'t bother to read the subtext.

15. And until they take the time to read the descriptions, we shall delete the threads that are not correctly place :)

16. Wouldn\'t expect anything less. ;) Gotta remember though, there\'s always going to be new people registering and making the same mistakes, so the problem is going to keep on happening. I think the suggestions in this thread would help lower the possibility of it happening, but you guys are the ones who have to do the work. So, ya know, in the end it\'s up to you. *shrug*

17. youre asking a bunchve stoners to change their ways.
    very very unlikely.
    i feel like you guys are deleting them to try to make a point and get the rules across, but i feel personally by deleting the threads instead of simply moving them it is very counter-productive to the forum.

but as i said reorganizing the format will solve 90% of this problem, a very easy task with great rewards.

basically by not reorganizing you are like the bush administration and the world today who dont do anything about global warming.

stubborn people :laughing:

18. I don\'t appreciate the comparison to the Bush Administration. You\'re comparing us - who are simply trying to get people to follow the rules established by the OWNER of these forums, with an administration that\'s sent thousands of troops to their deaths, and who refuses to pull them out of an area where they\'re dying constantly.

We\'re not asking stoners to change their ways. We\'re asking them to open their fucking eyes and READ. Is that really so difficult? I mean, you have to read shit every day, no? Any of you ever fill out a Job Application? Do you think the company would accept the application if you just put your information wherever YOU felt it should belong? Noooo... So what do you do? You READ the application, and put the information where it\'s SUPPOSED to be. Same goes here, and I don\'t see that changing any time soon.

19. fighting a lost cause.
    i am trying to help the city and i dont know how i can say it more plainly. it is going to keep happening.

reorganization will help tenfold. sure there will always be out of placed posts -- but those few and far between can be MOVED not deleted into the correct section. this forum is and getting far too large for your way of thinking cottons.

of course my suggestions will not be taken into consideration mostly because i dont have a 6k post count, and its me, even though simple logic and the agreement of almost anybody with common sense would put this suggestion into effect immediately..

20. There\'s no need for any \"reorganization\". The majority of our Blades know how to scroll up and down and read forum descriptions. No one is asking anyone to change. If you can read, there\'s no need for change.

Besides, if we \"reorganized\", the Grow forums would go at the very top of the home page since that is what started the City anyway. Imagine having to scroll through all of the Grow forums!!!

I\'m a little tired of seeing the Mods, Super Mods and me questioned about our decisions. Most of us have been here forever and know very well how to take care of things around here. In the end, our decisions are final. No matter what they are and who they concern.

Of course, some people thrive off of conflict so I\'m not really too surprised about who continues to argue about every little thing they can.

I will say that it ends here or with a ban. I don\'t really care.

While I\'m at it, let me add that PMing people with SPAM is very much against the rules.

*Also, we don\'t just delete threads from Rec Use everyday on a regular basis. We bump the thread that states what is supposed to be posted in that forum. Then, when people ignore that, we delete for a day or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.