Help (Got pics) sick plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PiFF, Jan 3, 2006.

1. [​IMG]First andsecond pic is pics of my plant can anyone tell me whats wrong? This 3rd picture is using the hanger method dier taught me is this rite?...Also i heard piss is good for your plant will give them a nice green if so how would you mix piss? Straight just feed to plants or mix it with water?. Also my set up aint so good its my first grow im not using any good lights yet just a reg 60watt bulb with 23watt FLOR... And this is a regular seed from REG weed, I got 3 other little plants one is DRO :D that is my hope...Sometime this week im planning on getten a water farm ( 1 plant for the dro seed) also getting ph meter, and a 400watt hps/mh system ( this light should create a good yield?)

2. It looks to me like your plant just got stratchy as hell. You first set of leaves look like they are about 8" up the plant. The burn looks to me like it was from the light you used, but that is hard to believe being that it is only a 23 watt CFL. Did you let the plant touch the bulb at all?

As for the 60 watt regular bulb. It is doing nothing for your plant. Nothing with a filiment in it is going to grow your plant. You might as well get rid of it.

As for pissing in your pots. Bad idea. Don't do it.

DRO is not a type of weed, it is a method of growing.

Glad to hear you are getting yourself a better setup. Just read all you can on this and other forums about proper maintenance of your hydro setup. It is really easy to screw up. Happend to me a few weeks back. You will definately get better results from your new setup. How many plants do you plan on growing. 400 watts is gonna put off a ton of heat. So be careful not to burn your plants.

Good luck.

3. welll This is the 60wat light i never used the FLOR light until like a week ago this light has bein growing my plant for about 3 weeks, slow but it was making it grow :D.. Should i still just take this light off? seems to grow the plant lol...But i got another FLOR light should i just put that in instead of this? Also NO where i live DRO is a type of bud such as haze, nothern lights, Its called HYDRO (dro is short term we use) And under the 400 watt hps/mh im planning on growing around like 5 plants if i can more :D...[​IMG]

4. This is the lights i found they only put out 843 lumens the other 60watt reg bulbs put out 1100 lumens, or lumens is not the real factor its the color spectrums and stuff?. Well i was using one of those FLOR with the 60 watt bulbs, think i have a way better chance of growing with 2 FLOR instead of the 6 watt bulb?...[​IMG]

5. If that 60 watt light has a filiment (kind of tough to tell in the picture) then it will not grow your plant well. It may grow it, but not well.

I am not going to argue with you over the whole "dro" thing, just to say that any pot that you grow hydroponically can be called "dro", regardless of the strain. I personally have never heard of a strain called "dro", but I have heard lots of people call their weed "dro" meaning it was grown using hydroponics.

Anyway, IMHO I do think you would be better off going with 2 CFL's (the little spiral looking bulbs) instead of the filiment bulb. If you can, I would look for a "fluorex sunlight bulb". They have an even better spectrum than the regular CFL's. You can find them at Wal-Mart for like $5. But, once you get your HPS/MH that won't matter.

So, did the plant ever touch the bulb? The burning starting on the inside of the plant and moving to the outside seems to indicate it did. Just curious.

6. No never ever touched bulbs :(, Well im goin to go to k mart or some shit go look for better bulbs just for now :D... Well i still dont get wuts up with my plant haha..

7. Well i was just wondering if it was just from using the 60watt bulb mabe that bulb can grow it but just dam aint good enough and gives off to much heat maybe?....Thats is why maybe it was turning brown.....And get sun FLOR bulbs? hopefully i find em :D

8. its hard to argue against ignorance.... dude seriously 3 weeks? I'll be supprised if you can bring that plant back enough to produce blood.....good luck though

9. No offense, but where I come from people who don't know what they're talking about call good bud dro. Hydro is a growing technique not a grade of bud. You can grow bad hydro.

10. Are you growing in a coffee can? never saw that befor

11. Yes its a coffe can dude
    inferior wang dont tell me what bud is dude i bein smoking for enough years to know, also do you live in NEW YORK? NO!! all over the world people call bud diffrent things when i came to this website i was like why do people make up names for bud BECAUSE I NEVER HEARD OF HALF THE BUD ON THIS WEBSITE.. its just where you grew up and the city dont have all that shit, They call it REGS, MURDERS, DRO, HAZE, then sour D or WW or bubblegum.
    COMEDY KILLS WTF DO YOU MEAN BY (its hard to argue against ignorance.... dude seriously 3 weeks? I'll be supprised if you can bring that plant back enough to produce blood.....good luck though)

Okay once again this was my first grow, did not spend over 10$ i know its bad and maybe thats why i am getten these results but i figure wtf try it before i spend my 350$ on 400watthps, ph meter, and a water farm...So atleast ill have an idea on wtf, and stop flammen i only want people that will actually help me reply thank you...such as mad4reef thanks for replyen dude :p

12. WW and bubblegum are STRAINS not slang for dank bud.....hydro or "dro" is bud grown using hydroponics. how do you not get this? mids regs stress dank schwag commercial .....all those are classifications for the grade of pot.this means that "dro" can actually be bubblegum,ww..it also means that if you grow a strain of WW and you do a halfass job its gonna be a midgrade pot.what your saying is if its dank as hell you call it dro because you think that thats what strain it is...when someone tells you "hey i got some good 'dro' if you need it" that doesnt mean its a strain called "dro" it means they have some good hydro-grown pot.......no offense but i lived in NY and they dont call dank "dro"..they only call dro "dro"..they call ww ww and they call bubblegum bubble gum...so you cant use the, "it depends on where you grew up which decides what you call pot" excuse......what it boils down to is that you have to admit that youre wrong and youve been misunderstanding how people around you have been using the word "dro"......sorry to bitch but when youre wrong youre wrong ya know....and nothing can justify it

as for your plant....if you dont have drainage holes in that coffee can make some or repot. its reflecting the light really close to the plant and its stretchy.id definently say its heat that burned it..ive over ferted my plants before and the new growth wasnt burned only the older fan leaves....thats why im saying heat burn...

13. Sorrry Piff but i have to side with weedseed here.

When you first started this you posted about your plants not growing and you showed us that same bulb, we told you to get rid of it, becuase its incandescent and will only burn up the plant. I'm referring to this thread you made http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=76032&page=2&pp=15
    believe even weedseed told you it would burn up the plant.

Seems that wasnt changed and the warnings not taken seriously, and this is what you got out of your first grow.

Whats wrong with you plant is simple, its burnt to hell and back. Combination of that light
    and the tin can is just too much, not only did you heat up the plant itself, your incandescent bulb heated up the tin can itself thereby heating up the soil.

Think the plant would have been dead much sooner if it was not for that light because if you used flor. from the beginning it would have only died from root rot coz of the tin can not having any drainage, heating up the tin can actually helped you in that situation by evaperating the water faster.

I say repot it into a "Normal Pot" im sure there is one around the house someplace, and get yourself good lights. YOu said you spent $10 when you started, that could have bought 2 cfl's for that.

As for the names of the strains and whats dro and what it means, sorry but weedseed is correct again, even way down here 4500 miles away from New York the names are the same, your just confused on how to use it properly.

14. Ahh well did i get shitted on lmao :p
    And im not saying im not wrong about the whole dro thing its not a big deal lol but it does make sense what your saying so i had it confused :D....
    Also yes the coffe can got drainage wholes lol...and if i go to store should i buy 1 warm and 1 cool watt Flor for now...should they just say compact FLOR or will they say full Spectrum ETC?Im thinking about buying 2 27 watt for now then sometime this week ordering the 400watt hps/mh system.
    Well for the coffe can it got drainage should i just move light?...

15. If your talking about that sunburn light, yes move it... to the trash.

if your talking about the coiled flourescent you posted then no keep it as close as possible but not let anything on the plant touch it.