Help Got one greedy lady that is trying to monopolize the grow tent.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HemiSync, Sep 7, 2015.

1. A friend of mine rescued 4 clones from someone that was just letting them sit in red solo cups outside 6 weeks ago. So he got two purple haze and two early girls that had been so mistreated that they were all of 6 inches tall at 4 months old and starting to show signs of flowering. He took all 4 and cleaned up their roots and put them into a DWC in an effort to re-veg them. That worked like a champ but he didn't know a lot about pruning and all he did was top them to make four to eight colas. Now the first three plants are all about the same 22 inches tall but the one early girl is suddenly trying to outgrow the other 3. It has started producing huge fan leaves and has jumped about 4 to 6 inches taller than the other plants in the last week or so. This is all in a 3x3x6 grow tent with led grow lights and he is afraid that it will overshadow the other plants and cause poor yield on them. He is trying to figure out if he should just take the one plant out of the tent or cut/tie it back. He was planning on switching to bloom this week but could hold off for another week if need be.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do with this greedy lady.

2. Can you just supercrop the high tops?

3. Could also make a net and push them down to keep them all the same hight

4. Holy Crap, PotMan, they are already 22" and still in veg? That's scary because flipping to 12/12 normally triggers a stretch growth period where the plant doubles or triples in size. And in a 3x3x6' tent you don't have room for that. You can try LST'ing them all, especially the early girl, but with trying to manage four plants in a 3X3 tent, I think your better option would be to cut it back to about 15" and LST them all as they start to stretch. Since the plants haven't bloomed yet it's perfectly safe to prune it back.

Not to mislead you, four plants are easily manageable in a 3X3, I commonly run 10 or more in a 3X3 area when I'm pheno searching from seeds, but that's with an 8' ceiling, with 10" extra space between the rafters. So I got the luxury of height you don't. Cut 'em, tie 'em up, hold on... you're in for some work.[​IMG]