Help gnats in soil

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mroso408, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Have gnats in soil and flying around in my grow tent..how do i get RID OF EM??
    My friend told me i can put inch of sand on top of the soil to prevent them from laying eggs is this true and if so what kind of sand?? And will the sand hurt my crop and mess with anything else.. Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. the sand doesn't really work.

all you can really do is let your stuff dry out and get some sticky traps to keep the fliers under control.

they'll eventually go away man..

3. Ok cool ill get bunch of those

5. #5 OutOnTheTiles, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
    Vinegar traps work for the fliers too. Cut the top of a soda or water bottle off, fill the bottom part around half way with vinegar and then insert the top mouth piece down. They fly into the small hole to get to the vinegar and cant get out so they eventually drown. Also, like AW said, its important to let your soil dry out more between waterings.

6. Few Thing's you can use mosquito dunk's 1/8 of a chunk crumble'd per res .
    You can use a drench like azamax to kill egg's /larva /yellow sticky's / dry out soil in between watering's . The last resort would b a bomb . Even with all these action's they will persist but number's will b dramatically reduced to allow finish of plant's .keep the population down you will be fine .

7. i drench and spray with azamax but it depends how far along you are i just treated my plant for them the other day

every grow i usually get them there annoying as fuck especially when you got 12 pots in the room

get you a bottle of azamax its like 24$ use 1 tbs per gallon with ph water and drench
    after a couple applications you should be all set and gnat free

8. Yes that will work but at 50 buck's a bottle . Id go with azamax first and prevent with dunk's 2 per pack cut into 1/8's at 6.99 per pack better alternative vs over and over does with azamax they do fly so every 3 day's for best result's not a one shot deal