Help - Glass Stuck In Joint Beautiful Puckline Apix Tube

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sapdaddy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Fellow glass-heads, the other day my bone-head friends knocked over my tube (baby) with the ash-catcher in it. The ash-catcher shattered, and the male part got stuck in the female part of the bong. Thank the lord the bong is still in-tact, but the glass piece is extremely jammed in there. 

PLEASE give me any and all suggestions on how to fix. I tried a bit with rubber pliers but it made it worse. I was thinking of maybe usuing a tiny glass chisel and chipping away at it. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks!!

photo 4 (1).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG photo 3 (1).JPG

2. Wash with iso get rid of resin, get luke warm soapy water and soak whole broke part in it. Now get a metal coat hanger or soft metal. Make a hook with hanger and pull piece out. Don't chip away you will fuck shit up.

3. Get a nail like used in wood that the head just fits inside the tube, slip it in and to the side and pull it out. Use vice grips to get a good hold of the strait part of the nail.

4. That happened to my friends bong but we just pushed it in so it was floating in the water.. I wouldn't recommend doing that though.

5. #5 lFourTwenty, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    You can use alot of different things to get that out..something with a hook might work like a thicker gauge fishing hook or maybe a paper clip

Try making the end of a paper clip into a hook shape and latch it under the glass and pull it out

I wouldn't be tapping on it with anything..might cause a disaster

Edit: Looks like someone already said to make a hook..that would be ur best bet I'm thinking..snoop's advice is also good..roofing nails probably work better than other nails because they have the wider head

6. I agree not to chip at it, you need to soak it in warm water and try to pull it out with a hook of some sort, but keep it submerged in the water while pulling it out.

7. WD40 + paper clip.

has happened to me twice before and taht always solves it.  Gotta wash the living crap out of it afterwards though\\

8. I've had this happen I stretched out a metal coat hanger and made a hook on the end of it and jammed it into the down stem and hooked it and yanked it out using pliers.

If its just the top half of the stem that's stuck to the joint that happened to my buddies bong and what we did was grabbed a flat head screw driver and a hammer and chipped it away . the glass false into the bong then you just pour it out after

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. i would use the first guys recommendation. good way to get it out without fucking up your piece

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. You might try heating the female part with a lighter or torch. When it heats up itll expand and the male piece will slip out.

Sent from my fucking phone.

11. Try a potato....usually works for me when tryin to take out a busted light.
    Or super glue 3-4 nails all around the perimeter inside the broken glass slide....wait and try n pull slightly. Good luck.

Pretty sure when glass heats up it expands a lil, try to get it cold.