Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help getting card in WA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by underplay, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Hello. I have some questions about getting approved in Washington state. First of all, i do not have a primary physician, and I'm low-income. The conditions that i want to get approved for are not documented and I have no records.

So the first thing Im going to do is build some documentation. Im still trying to figure out which condition to aim for, considering cannabis helps me with a number of conditions(IBS, social anxiety, low eating appetite for extended periods of time) and also how to build that documentation. Since I don't have a doctor/physician couldn't I go to a emergency clinic/hospital that bills me and build that documentation?

For example, when i wake up in the morning i will smoke a joint or two and have some coffee, without the joints the coffee would hurt my stomach and give me bowel movement problems. But when i smoke i feel completely normal and all of the symptoms go away.

I also have problems eating, I miss dinner and whole meals and don't have a very big appetite, I have gone the last 3 weeks without smoking and I have lost weight.

Also, if I'm in a nervous situation like a job interview, my body will get shaky and I wouldn't be able to focus, as opposed to smoking and feeling confident and stable. Is this social anxiety?

Smoking/digesting solves all of these problems for me, I feel its crucial to my health, not to mention the swine flue virus coming up and how THC is a cure/treatment. I think some of the questions I'm asking are what most resources on the internet lack, specifically for each state. How do i get the ball rolling along with the documentation so I can finally live life the way it should be?

Thanks for any help

2. #2 grandmastem, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    One sec.... let me take a hit... .... ... :smoke: ....

Ok, now to your questions or a general rundown of my situation and thoughts. Let me start by saying I am south of you in Oregon (PDX) and I have no yet my card. I am in the same situation (was, i've made progress) you are. I have many problems; many are the same as yours, i.e. IBS, Hunger, Anxiety, etc.). I do know that Oregon and Washing are MUCH stricter than Cali is on getting a recommendation and then a card. I also believe it is even harder for you in Washington, than Oregon.

I will tell you that only 1 doctors visit or an ER visit will not get you a med card in Washington state. The symptoms you describe are also not qualifiers I believe in Washing because I know they aren't for Oregon. Our states target chronic pain,spasms,cancer,etc.

I've been going to my doc and physical therapy for about a month and a half now to build records because I know many people that simply try and beat the system and get one visit and then try for the card. My rule of thumb or guess would be at least 3 visits with a primary care physician before trying.

I am not against stretching your symptoms, but you will have to make sure you have a correct "qualifying" symptom before going on with documentation. I feel that if weed helps you in the morning for IDBS, takes anxiety down, etc. (TRUE believer that this med is NOT just for what is listed on our state law. it helps soooooo much and many other things). Anyways, I've done 2 doc visits and 6 therapy sessions for back pain and muscle spasms and I feel I could easily get one, but want to be safe because this is serious for me.

I rely on my meds everyday and I am tired of not being legal. I don't sell, I have no record, etc., and I truly have a better quality of life with it.

GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!!! -Matt

P.S. I would not even consider an ER, but that would be a good way to document an accident and then go on for a month with a primary. This is all up to man. I truly wish you the best of luck as it is time we change the qualifiers on mmj up here in the Pacific North West.

Also, I edited this to as the PS and realized just how many mistakes I made. hope it makes sense man.

3. Here in washington IBS is on the list of qualifications, but how hard is it to get diagnosed? I really just want to get diagnosed without a probe up my ass.

4. IBS with intractable pain would be a sure way to get recommended. My wife's friend has IBS and the pain thing sealed the deal on her recommendation. Here's WA's current laws:Washington - NORML.

I'd recommend Washington THCF. They've really helped my wife.