Help: G-13 Haze wont Flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by funkymonkey, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Well, here's the story. I veggied my G13 Haze for one month where it got to about 1 foot high. I also topped it during this veg stage. After one month, I changed from an 18/6 to 12/12 light cycle. It has been almost 2 months since I first started 12/12 lights and STILL there are no buds forming whatsoever on the G13 Haze which is feminised. Now, the other plant I am growing, Opium, It has huge buds covering the plant, but the G-13 I have has nothing to show for the almost 2 months of 12/12 light. What the hell gives?

I always heard not to buy G-13 genetics, because they are supposed to be slow growing, but this is ridiculous! My freaking opium plant is almost ready to be chopped down and the G-13 is still growing taller and taller, yet with no bud.

2. thats weird dude, i know haze's can take longer to flower but even if that was the case you would see some buds atleast starting to from

is it getting 100% total darkness when on its dark cycle, no light leeks?

3. Yep, its getting total darkness. I dunno what to think...When my oopium plant is ready for harvest in the next 2 or 3 weeks, I guess ill just harvest the stupid Haze for its leaves lol.

4. i duno what to say dude lol, alot of the time this can happern from light leeks in the dark period so im stumped, can you post a pic anyway? & have you changed anything about your grow that could have stunted it?

5. Yea, i can get a picture up in a day or two when i get my battery charged and when the lights come on again. I'll give you a breakdown of the past TWO months....and keep in mind that Day 1 is when i started 12/12 light.....after a 1 month of vegetative beforehand.

-Day 1 of 12/12 light: 1 x 250watt HPS over the Opium and G-13. I topped both plants this day.

-Day 8: I started noticing the G-13 started growing taller so i started bending each stem so that I could get a maximum amount under the light. I also noticed Opium had started flowering.

-Day 14:Opium stopped growing in height and started packing on bud growth rapidly. I then added a second light; A 150watt HPS. My 250watt HPS was positioned directly over Opium and 150watt directly over the G-13.

-Day 16: I added CFL's... 2 x 23watt 3200K on one side of Opium where one of the now two main buds (topping it was definitely the right thing to do!!) wasn't getting quite enough direct HPS light. I also added A 40watt CFL to two opposite sides of the G-13 using reflectors. These CFL's were added to ensure that the lower leaves got enough light now that the plant was nearing 3 feet even with bending.

-Day 30: Opium was infested by some kind of flying pests which sucked juices out the water leaves. Bought Neem oil off ebay, and by the time it got here and i applied it, 1/3 of the leaves were dried up or drooping/damaged. Still nothing but vegetative growth from G-13. I have to bend each branch top back from the light every day.

-Day 44: Today I went in and noticed Opium was doing wonderful...fully recovered from the pest attack a few weeks back. Bud growth is still vigorous and resin is piling on each day more and more. I swear i saw spider buds starting to form on G-13, but i remember seeing a similar look a few weeks back and it was just the start of more branching.

6. Here are the promised pictures of the G-13 Haze....And the closeup shots are of the main "cola." lol or where the main cola should be....

Attached Files:

7. i know you said it was feminised but if you are on week 8 or flowering you shouild def. have seen some buds forming. are you SURE that your plant is a female? seed companies can sometimes mess up you know. are thier female pistols at least?? maybe its just a fluke plant. whatever you do i wouldnt try to grow that g13 strain again.

8. Yep, it is definitely a female, because at every internode, I see definitive pistils....and there are no pollen sacks forming.....yea I am about to just give up on this one since it is getting way too big anyway. I could have used 2 months worth of electricity on 2 indica dominant plants and i would have been harvesting by now :( Oh well, my opium is almost done at least