Help - Freshly transplanted clone to DWC - leaves are yellow/Pale

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by superusa, Dec 7, 2009.

1. So I transplanted this clone to the DWC bucket a couple days ago. It lost some green during the clone process, but I thought it would start greening up after being in the bucket for a couple days. Any idea what is causing this..

PH is exactly 5.8...using 0-5-10 lucas formula...

Help is greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Sometimes a clone will go into shock and look like that for a week or so. Does it have a healthy looking root system? Lucas formula is great I use it too but since its showing N deficiencies you might want to go with a mix that's higher in N than P or K. Run 3 part gro/ 2 part micro/ 1 part bloom or 2 part micro/ 1 part bloom for two weeks at 400ppms. Peace :smoking:

3. Thanks for the info. Question... the leaves started yellowing during the cloning process (bubble cloner w/ straight tap water). could this just be the clone taking time to uptake and replenish nutes that it was devoid of during the cloning process? I have two other clones that I transplanted into buckets at the same time and they are looking much better than this one, although all three are different strains.

2:1 micro to bloom @400ppms....i might give that a shot , although that would be half strength of the solution i am using now...

Thanks for the help

4. Yes the leaves will naturally yellow during the cloning process. In fact its a good indicator that clone has started producing roots. The nutes in the leaves are used to do this as well as feeding new node production until a root mass is established. Yes different strains have varying nute requirements and some clones have darker nutrient rich leaves than others and never turn light green/yellow.

5. It should easily survive even if those leaves fall off, provided it has a established root system. Peace:smoke:

6. A clones no seedling but you still don't want to hit it with to much of a nute load at first. I use reverse osmosis water and work the ppms up from 400-1000 max in veg and 1000-1600 for flowering.