help for my vegging and flowering tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by charlesweedmore, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hi bros
    i have homebox XL ( 4' X 4' ) 16 sqft with 600w HPS for flowering room.
    I am planning on growing 15 girls at the same time.

Besides,i want to make seperate vegging room for not only vegging,but also for '' vegging moms ''.

i will buy 6.86 sq ft (2,62' X 2,62 ') grow tent as vegging room.

i can use 6 X 55w fluores.6 X 4550 = 27300K total lumens @ 6000K for vegging stage in vegging room.

but i have some questions:

1 ) are 15 plants good or too many for 16 sqft ( 4' X 4' ) tent under 600w HPS ?
    how many girls should i grow at the same time in that tent ?

2) Can i vegg 15 girls in 6.86 sq ft (2,62' X 2,62 ') tent under 27000K fluores for first 30 days ?

what do you think ?

2. This is my tent 18 plants under 6 55W T5's The T5's will work ok for about two weeks but I noticed that two days after transplanting the into 2 gallon pots they are starting to stretch out a bit. I'm pretty sure this is the max the 6 t5's can provide for the plants for proper growth with out stretching. Now I'm sure the plants will gro just fine for a long time under them but just not enough light photons to fill the now much larger leaves.

My plan for the next gro (unless I switch to growing moms) is to use the t5's till the plants are about 6" tall then then when I transplant them I'll switch to 600W MH conversion for three/four days and then flip them.

[​IMG]

3. #3 charlesweedmore, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    what size is your tent ?and pls add pics of your T5 fixture.
    i am very confused.
    i vegg for 1 month.first 15 days they can grow easily under floros in 1 litre pots.last 15 days of vegging in 1 or 2 gallonpots,they would probably be fine under dual spectrum HPS.
    do you think MH is really needed for vegging just 15 days more ?
    and how many tents do u have ?

PS: i read that 1 litre pots for first 10-15 days,4 litre pots for rest of vegging (untill 30 days ) and 15-20 litre pots for during all flowering..
    arent 2 gallon pots too big for vegging ?

thanks mate:hello: