Help finding equipment

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NRevahs, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Greetings

I have 2 Mars Hydro LED 300w's and need a timer to control them. But I know nothing about wattages and am afraid of messing something up. Could someone help me out with finding a good timer setup for these babies?

I bought a timer outlet a week ago but it had a bunch of "warning: do not overload" signs on it and it sketched me out so I returned it..

It would also be helpful if I had 2 6ft extension cords for them; I'm not sure on what wattages to get though.

Thank you all

2. Any timers from a hardware store will do. I was worried as well but it says max wattage 2000w the lights are well under that.. think mine cost me like $10... good luck trying to work out how to program them though lol... I worked it out after about half an hour :/

As for the cords same deal any from the local store bro

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That looks like what I need! Maybe not as many outlets, but it always leaves room for upgrading!

I found this extension cord that is 125v, would that be suitable for one of my lights? So if I order two that would cover each light separately?

LINK:

4. ^^ they are fine.

5. Look at how many amps each light pushes and see what the timer can handle. A $10 timer from the hardware store couldn't handle the amps my 600w electronic hid was pushing.

If you buy extension cords just spend the extra few bucks and get a contractor cord. At the least a heavy duty but contractor is the way to go worry free.

• Informative Informative x 1