Help!!!!!! Fast!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dudemandingo, Feb 10, 2010.

1. hey everyone...

I need some major advice here! i attached pics of the deficiencies

i planted from seed all fem nirvana ak48 auto flower on dec 24

i started fox farms grow big and big bloom, and have been giving them increasing amounts over the weeks and the last feeding i gave them 3 cap fulls of big bloom, and 2.5 cap fulls of grow big per gallen of water, and im not sure what that is in teaspoons or ml!! the next day they started looking like this, so i just gave them clean water and drained the extra water out of the bottoms of the pots..

i started them in all organic soil mix with castings and coco fibers and perlight and all that, and i have them under 18/6 schedule with a 600HPS cooltube and 10 cfl (5700k )

i have 14 total and 5 of them are showing signs of the same deficiences, and 3 of them look like somebody electrocuted them.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOM!!!

i think its either CO2 problems, or maybe i gave them to much nitrogen?? not enough flowering nutes?

god im lost on this....

Attached Files:

2. some more pics

Attached Files:

3. well without knowing how much one capfull of nutrients is there is no way to know if that is a deficency or a toxicity. go measure exactly how much/ what you gave them per gallon then i'll be able to help.

also, ph of the water going in and coming out the bottom would be helpful if you could get that.

on a sidenote. you have a cooltube? I am looking into replacing my two hoods with cooltubes. what are your temps 12'' away from that tube with the 600 (I assume its cooled with a 6''). are cooltubes really any cooler than regular hoods. thanks.

4. #4 dudemandingo, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010

I will check the ph of the run off tonight when i go there, and ph in is always 6-7 range

1 capful = 1.5 teaspoons!!!!!!

for both big bloom and grow big

And for my cool tube....let me tell you i killed 8 plants because i tried running a 600 hps with the regular vented hood and it broke 100degrees(in closet), but with a 257cfm exhaust 4 inch duct work 6in diameter (19 in long) cooltube, i get consistant 75-82 all the time when lights are on, and 12 inches below might be a little close i can put the thermometer there tonight as well...

also how come only the 5 are showing these symptoms? the other 9 seem to be doing very well with 1.5 inch long hair at nodes....

5. "i gave them 3 cap fulls of big bloom, and 2.5 cap fulls of grow big per gallen of water"

I use the same soil and ferts and never have given more than 2 caps per gallon. I would ease way back, and let your plants tell u when they need a little something extra. FFOF soil has a ton of the stuff your plant is gonna need, thats why we all use it. There is also no need to use the bloom fert during veg. The only time I combine the 2 are during the stretch and maybe as a supplement during flower if a plant starts to yellow a bit early...

6. your giving your plants blooming nutes? and u still have them under 18/6 lighting? somethings wrong here...

7. i was trying to follow the feeding schedule fox farms gives with thier nutes, but obviously messed up something.

these plants are flowering right now under 18/6, they are auto flowering ak48

8. As an auto grower I am going to tell you to only give your plants bloom nutes. If your in soil your plants will get all the nutes they need in the first couple weeks from the soil itself. by the time they need nutes , they are flowering . so hook it up with the chaching, openseasme, and beastie blooms along with your big bloom and you'll be fine. it sounds like you might be over nuting at this stage in growth as well.

less is more with nutes.

9. great info thanks, now how do i refresh these babies? should i just go with ph balanced water for a week or so?

10. When you take pics its easier to tell whats wrong if you aren't showing a red only light spectrum...

11. okay, didnt even think about that ill have to take more pics tomaro

12. the leaves look similar to my plants. I am using fox farms nutes too
    try flushing ur plants with 3 times the amount of water as the pot, it helped my plants

13. looks like over fert or ph both = lock out The way ur leaves r curling looks more like ph which could be caused by overfertilization. most fertilizers drop the ph and dont forget to mix micro up good first then add grow mix and continue bloom mix check ur ph of nutes and then ur runoff also check ur ppm's never run over 1400 roughly. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!!! OH I FORGOT FLUSH PLANTS ASAP THEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER COME BACK WITH 1/2 STRENGTH NUTES

14. Plants wont flower under 18/6 u must switcgh to 12/12

15. autoflowering plants will :devious:

16. It looks like overwatering or to much N.

17. #17 thewhitehouse, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2010
    Here's your first problem. Nirvana doesn't carry auto flowering AK48 seeds. Another thing, you should not be giving them nutrients until the plants are switched to a 12/12 light regime.

*** EDIT: unless you meant that you bought regular AK48 seeds from nirvana, in which case it just looks like you are watering them too much.