Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help explaining to Husband

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrsAvenger, Nov 16, 2015.

1. #1 MrsAvenger, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    Sorry for the long one; but here it goes....

I have suffered from Anxiety, depression and PTSD for over a decade (I'm in my 20s) and in the past 5 or so years have added chronic pain to that list. I see a mental health counselor every week and my psychiatrist every month. I've tried every medication approved and some off label usages as well as many combinations.

After some heavy research and talking to my doctor it was decided to try MMJ. I did all my research, talked to my doctor, went to a licensed producer and ordered my prescribed strengths in 5 gram quantities to try it out. I've been prescribed low THC high CBC strains as my goal was/is not to get high but to get some relief and maybe sleep soundly for once.

The problem is my husband is PISSED; he thinks that I'm just getting high and lying when I say that all it is doing is relaxing me (I've been able to stop taking 4 prescriptions and I'm feeling better than I have in years). The problem is he won't even talk to me and is starting to get a bit nasty about it (he read a bottle that said .09% THC and now he is ticked because I said there wasn't THC in it). I've tried explaining the differences between THC and CBD and that since i'm only using a vape (he won't even let me think about using a pipe or papers) it's no worse than me smoking half a pack a day (and he is a none smoker)!.

What i'm looking for is good website or advice on what I can say to him about all of this.

2. Get him to watch "the union" and "a culture high"..
    Awesome documentaries....

3. First, welcome to gc. I would highly advise you edit your post, as the only drugs allowed for discussion here are cannabis, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. All others are considered unmentionables and discussion of those, even in the past tense may garner the attention of moderators. I'm not a mod and could care less, it's just a friendly tip on how to get around here at gc.

I just explained to my wife that I chose to use cannabis to treat my problems rather than prescription meds. It took her a little while, but she came around. Your hubby may never do that unfortunately.

4. Have him literally chat with Granny Storm Crow on FB https://www.facebook.com/GrannyStormCrowsList/

"...Granny Storm Crow's List (click here for the whole shebang) is now over a totally astounding 2400 pages,
    including over 800 pages on the Endocannabinoid System alone! So I
    guess you could say things are getting serious (extra points if you
    recognize the quote).http://beyondchronic.com/2015/08/granny-storm-crows-medical-marijuana-research-list-july-2015/
    Granny: "My Goodness! How my List has grown over the last few months! And there
    have been some rather unexpected new “branchings” in the List recently.
    Acetaminophen, black tea, flax, echinacea, and magnolias? How did they
    manage to sneak into my list on cannabis, cannabinoids, and the
    endocannabinoid system?
    The answer is simple, the plants all contain compounds that interact
    with receptors in the endocannabinoid system. Science has discovered
    that cannabinoids are, indeed, made by other plants. So far, none of
    them cause the same dramatic psychoactive CB1 receptor reaction (the
    high) as THC. They seem to be mostly limited to the CB2 receptors (no
    high, just healing).

Acetaminophen, on the other hand, is transformed by your body into a
    compound called AM-404, which blocks the break-down of anandamide, your
    body's own version of THC. Just like THC, anandamide makes you “feel
    good” and decreases pain. Blocking the break-down of the fragile
    anandamide by AM-404 results in more anandamide being in your body,
    relieving your pain. The acetaminophen, itself, does nothing to relieve
    your pain!

As much as I would like it to be, cannabis is not 100% safe - nothing
    is! There is something you need to understand about the endocannabinoid
    system - it is a system of checks and balances. The amounts of
    endocannabinoids vary according to the body's needs. As an example,
    during a woman's ovulation, her anandamide levels spike, then drop
    drastically for the implantation of the egg. THC during ovulation would
    have little effect, but just days later, THC might interfere with
    implantation. Women trying to get pregnant should avoid cannabis.

Teens under the age of 16 should not be using cannabis unless there
    is a medical reason. The adolescent brain undergoes a “rewiring job” and
    the endocannabinoid system is right in the middle of things. The fear
    is that THC will cause “misconnections” resulting in subtle personality
    changes or neurosis. Like alcohol, cannabis should normally be reserved
    for adults.

Likewise, cancer is not just one disease, which is why one treatment
    does not work on all types of cancer. Most cancers appear to be slowed
    by THC, but there are a few rare exceptions. When exposed to THC or
    similar synthetics, A549 lung cancer cells start reproducing, while
    exposure to CBD slows them down. The usual “high THC” RSO could be a
    disaster for a small minority of cancer patients. We need more research,
    but that can't happen without legalization!

Our government has lied to us about the effects of cannabis for over
    seven decades. They have blocked virtually all research into cannabis
    and how it heals. They have ranked a never-fatal herbal medicine with
    the most deadly kinds of drugs, against all scientific evidence! Yet,
    somehow, that inconvenient truth keeps coming out – cannabis heals! It
    is time that we, as a nation, demand that the truth be openly
    acknowledged and research into this amazing plant begun! As my
    Grandfather said, “If the truth won't do, then something is wrong”!

5. Thank you....all edited.

I sat down with him tonight and he said his in problem is the cost based on a "maybe it will work"

6. Best of luck, that must mean he's at least receptive, right? I hope you're able to find the relief you need without any prejudice from home. Sounds like he'll come around, just a matter of time.

7. I agree to getting him to watch the documentaries on Netflix but also show him the SCIENCE OF IT!! Like get him some facts. THC is what makes you feel high and what you're getting is low THC and high CBD, just explain to him how these things work and if he still thinks you're lying... Well wtf? You can't argue with facts haha.

8. My hubby is awesome about it, but he has some drug use in his past and he's a drinker now. He gets that the world is a little better when you're high, you're the person you WANT to be. I agree with previous posters, catch "The Culture High," "Neurons to Nirvana," not "Super High Me," dude doesn't even inhale and acts like an ass because he thinks he's high. I can't find the other ones I watched on Netflix, search youtube, maybe you can get some info there. Check out "The Big Picture" thread, you might find some other flicks there.

9. withhold any romantic gestures, not even kiss on the check, after 2 weeks of no punanny, he should realize you're not messing around