Help diagnose my plants please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dirtbox, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Can anyone please help with my sick plants, they are drooping down and canoeing and have just started getting yellow brown spots. I'll add pics, thanks in advance.[​IMG][[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. First off you want to make sure you post in the right spot to get the most advice this would be better fitted for sick plants next it looks like you have nitrogen toxicity have you been giving a good many nutrients are nutrients at all to help me diagnose this I need more info I need to know if you pH water use fertilizers every detail lighting everything Hydro not soil not also where the yellow is coming are the leaves touching the edge of the bucket or the ground soil rockwool anything for that matter if it touches anywhere it will start to yellow and brown but the dark green leaves curling and canoeing is nitrogen toxicity unless you haven't been giving nutrients I need to know everything

• Like Like x 1

3. Sent from my GT-I9506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Looks like pH spots to me. Do you measure and adjust the pH range of your water? Anything you give your plants should be within the range of 6.3 to 6.7 or the roots of your plant can lock up and it won't be able to take in nutrition. Nitrogen toxicity usually makes them more dark green than they're supposed to be....I'm thinking here. I'm getting old and the mind isn't working well today. But if you're not letting your containers get almost DEAD dry before watering, you're watering too often. Allowing the container to dry forces the roots to search out the whole pot for food and water which creates a larger root ball and a stronger plant. Don't use filtered water either. If you're in the US, tap water is fine. If you're in EU and other places, need to let it sit out for 24 hrs to evaporate chlorine. TWW

5. You keep saying this - almost every municipal water supply in the U.S. uses either Chlorine or Chloramine to sterilize the water running through old underground pipes. All you need to do is look at any water report from any city/town water department and you'll see that the chlorine/Chloramine levels are much higher than lets say well water.

Standard chlorine levels are also usually just fine for gardening, though. Organic matter will chemically change Chloramine to chlorine which dissipates very quickly. There have been many studies done and it's pretty much been proven that chlorine levels in most city water won't hurt your garden. As a matter of fact, chlorine is used by plants and many will perform much better with the chlorine than without.

I also completely disagree about allowing your containers to get bone dry before watering again. Allowing soil to dry like you are advocating kills fine root hairs. Of course they do grow back but why even put the plants through this - it's simply unnecessary providing the soil drains and is aerated properly.

J

6. How high are your lights away from the tops? The one pic you posted with the tops sagging with yellow spots reminded me of when I burned the tops of my plants long ago. Could you please post how many watts your lamp is and how far away you have it installed?

7. 1 600 watt hps and 1 600 watt MH. About 550mm away

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app